+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most deluded man in football?

Loved Dingus as a player but, even then, I heard a few tales that as a person he was a bit of a beaut.
    He lived, at least for a while, Banchory-Devnick way. A pal of mine was a neighbour (of sorts, quite rural) and reckoned he was a bit of a knob.
    Also he used to frequent-ish the Marine in Stoney and a few of the locals told a similar tale.
    Legend of a player and I'll always respect what he did here as a player, but character wise, perhaps falling short.

I remember in the early mid 80's being at Pittodrie at a league cup game against Celtic. McGee was getting hammered in the back by Tom McAdam who was a right dirty b*gger. McGee was getting fed up of it and when the ball was lumped up to him with the ref well down the field he jumped with McAdam and whacked him in the face with his arm. McAdam went down like a sack o' tatties and McGee turned round saying what happened to him? Needless to say McAdam never hit him from behind in the game again. I thought it was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I remember in the early mid 80's being at Pittodrie at a league cup game against Celtic. McGee was getting hammered in the back by Tom McAdam who was a right dirty b*gger. McGee was getting fed up of it and when the ball was lumped up to him with the ref well down the field he jumped with McAdam and whacked him in the face with his arm. McAdam went down like a sack o' tatties and McGee turned round saying what happened to him? Needless to say McAdam never hit him from behind in the game again. I thought it was brilliant.
    I can't think of an ex don that I despise more than him. Even before his stint as manager I encountered him at a supporters club do. I think he was Reading manger at the time. There wasn't one person left that night that wasnt saying Mark McGhee what a f**,ki w@@ker

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lol, that’s quite funny RJ.
    Your blind hatred of McInnes puts McGhee above him.

I tend to try and put his managerial time to the back of my mind and prefer to recall the more prominent times he had with us as a player.
    I was at the match we lost 9-0. Believe it or not I stayed right through it in disbelief that we were such a shambles. I also was there the night at the Raith Rovers cup defeat at Pittodrie where he accused a fan of spitting at him. What an absolute @rsehole of a man. As Mason89 has previously stated...he should have been sacked at his managerial press conference. McInnes isn’t without his flaws but Mark McGhee (great player for the Dons though) has been the worst manager I have witnessed at our club and that itself takes some beating.

You shouldn’t count the 9-0. I was there too, our tim players chucked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You shouldn’t count the 9-0. I was there too, our tim players chucked it.
    The whole team chucked it and Hartley giving a gift of a penalty and getting a red card was the start of it. McGhee didn’t want to win anyway. He was probably looking at the other dugout and thinking I should be sitting there.

Was it 2-0 at half time? 10 v10? You shouldn’t lose 9-0 from there. It was our Tims that threw it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigj View Post
    I can't think of an ex don that I despise more than him. Even before his stint as manager I encountered him at a supporters club do. I think he was Reading manger at the time. There wasn't one person left that night that wasnt saying Mark McGhee what a f**,ki w@@ker
    I'll throw Dick Fister into that conversation.

Was that the London Dons Göteborg anniversary doo?

There was a few tales on here about that.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'll throw Dick Fister into that conversation.

Was that the London Dons Göteborg anniversary doo?

There was a few tales on here about that.
    That's the one, made quite an impression on everyone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast