+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The most deluded man in football?

The most deluded man in football?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45573933

Ha, ha. I really don't know where to start with this!

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45573933

Ha, ha. I really don't know where to start with this!
    I thought this was another Derek McInnes bashing topic and was about to let rip. It’s about Mark McGhee so I will go easy.

I dont care what his history with us is, he is a f@cking c@nt

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I dont care what his history with us is, he is a f@cking c@nt
    I especially liked the bit where he says (when talking about the Aberdeen v Motherwell game when he was sent off to the stand and then told the guy to turn his ****ing phone off), "My eight-year-old son was at the game and witnessed it all. It's just horrific."

Excellent show of effective parenting that night. I'm sure that this son was very proud of his Dad's behaviour that night.

I absolutely loved Mark McGhee as an Aberdeen player. I absolutely hated him as Aberdeen manager and in 50 odd years of supporting the Dons, I don't think I have ever been so disheartened and ultimately disillusioned during his reign, especially the "ach, well, it was only 3 point, you know".

Smile

"i always thought after the motherwell job, especially if i got to the 1,000 games, then i was already thinking of a mark mcghee consultancy role,

I especially liked the bit where he says (when talking about the Aberdeen v Motherwell game when he was sent off to the stand and then told the guy to turn his ****ing phone off), "My eight-year-old son was at the game and witnessed it all. It's just horrific."

Excellent show of effective parenting that night. I'm sure that this son was very proud of his Dad's behaviour that night.

I absolutely loved Mark McGhee as an Aberdeen player. I absolutely hated him as Aberdeen manager and in 50 odd years of supporting the Dons, I don't think I have ever been so disheartened and ultimately disillusioned during his reign, especially the "ach, well, it was only 3 point, you know".
    As a player he was legendary (of course) and we could do with some of his nastiness now but i think he showed his colours when he stood on Bett's foot in the wall during a particularly fiesty hun game at Pittodrie. I am all for inflicting pain on Huns and wish we would do more of it now but that was sneaky and underhand and would have said much about Mark McGhee to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    As a player he was legendary (of course) and we could do with some of his nastiness now but i think he showed his colours when he stood on Bett's foot in the wall during a particularly fiesty hun game at Pittodrie. I am all for inflicting pain on Huns and wish we would do more of it now but that was sneaky and underhand and would have said much about Mark McGhee to me.
    Now that you mention that, I have this vague memory of McGhee doing the same thing to Robert Prytz at Pittodrie and Prytz retaliating and getting sent off. I feel a notalgic youtube session coming on....

Now that you mention that, I have this vague memory of McGhee doing the same thing to Robert Prytz at Pittodrie and Prytz retaliating and getting sent off. I feel a notalgic youtube session coming on....
    Prytz and him had an ongoing battle during on fecht against the filth, and they had an argument when Prytz fouled one of ours (possibly Dingus himsel) just ootside the box at the King Street End.

McGhee scored from the free kick's aftermath and his celebration included running towards Prytz giving him the full hand shandy gesture.

The acceptable face of a man who ****ed us about once he left.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Prytz and him had an ongoing battle during on fecht against the filth, and they had an argument when Prytz fouled one of ours (possibly Dingus himsel) just ootside the box at the King Street End.

McGhee scored from the free kick's aftermath and his celebration included running towards Prytz giving him the full hand shandy gesture.

The acceptable face of a man who ****ed us about once he left.
    Ah, I remember that celebration. Was that the free kick where he broke out the wall, Strachan passed to him and he turned and scored. I thought he was great then. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I thought this was another Derek McInnes bashing topic and was about to let rip. It’s about Mark McGhee so I will go easy.
    Lol, that’s quite funny RJ.
    Your blind hatred of McInnes puts McGhee above him.

I tend to try and put his managerial time to the back of my mind and prefer to recall the more prominent times he had with us as a player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast