+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lads couldnt give me much more - Warne

The lads couldnt give me much more - Warne

Speaking after the 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa, boss Paul Warne praised the efforts of his team. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Speaking after the 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa, boss Paul Warne praised the efforts of his team. - External Link
    The lads couldnt give me much more - Warne.

Warny is spot on with that statement but because of our tactics on the night where we dont give the lads the chance to go and have a go it was never ever going to be good enough to get something from the game.

We should have had the confidence to go and have a real go at them but the Manager is scared to death of trying to win games which is pathetic.

Villas first win of the season and Villas 1st clean sheet of the season is down to us being scared ****less of a team that have struggled so far. Villa started the game with a worse record than our own and we go there with the aim of trying to stay in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rubbish Warny ****ing Rubbish.

Well I’ve got to agree,Its like breaking concrete with a mallet,come on Paul give them something to go at.Yes they have an expensive squad but they were on a bit of a downer & we let them off.We have got to take advantage of teams when they are struggling it’s our only chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The lads couldnt give me much more - Warne.

Warny is spot on with that statement but because of our tactics on the night where we dont give the lads the chance to go and have a go it was never ever going to be good enough to get something from the game.

We should have had the confidence to go and have a real go at them but the Manager is scared to death of trying to win games which is pathetic.

Villas first win of the season and Villas 1st clean sheet of the season is down to us being scared ****less of a team that have struggled so far. Villa started the game with a worse record than our own and we go there with the aim of trying to stay in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rubbish Warny ****ing Rubbish.
    As I said to you on the post match thoughts thread Biglad I'm more a statistician than a tactician but I'm sure the 10pts they had before Tuesday was better than our 9

I hardly ever go to away games these days because I'm sick of the "trying to stay in the game" approach.
    How about trying to win the game for a change Mr Warne? Our away record in this division is dreadful, pathetic even, and it's hard to see how you can make it worse by having a positive approach.
    At the moment it seems like you are going into every away game expecting to lose and your negative attitude is achieving that with no problem at all ☹.

Surely Warney gets fed up of repeating himself 😂

Genuine question as I wasn't at the Brentford game at start of the season. Did we try and take the game to them?
    I'm wondering if Warney feels we're on for a 5-1 hammering every time we go toe to toe with the bigger sides, so he's adopting a cautious approach to try and grind out a draw or limit the goals conceded. The goal difference might count for a lot come the end of the season.

You would think that Warne would want to actually win an away game in the Championship though, for his own pride.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    Genuine question as I wasn't at the Brentford game at start of the season. Did we try and take the game to them?
    I'm wondering if Warney feels we're on for a 5-1 hammering every time we go toe to toe with the bigger sides, so he's adopting a cautious approach to try and grind out a draw or limit the goals conceded. The goal difference might count for a lot come the end of the season.
    The goal difference counts about 1 point. if both teams equal, a win 3 points.
    If we go away thinking goal difference every time we are in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    Realistically every side in this division is bigger than us and that's what Warne seems to be afraid of.
    The Brentford game was a one-off because Warne wanted to give the players who got us promoted a chance to show what they could do but we have a better squad now and the players are getting more acclimatised to the Championship.
    If our approach is trying not to lose, we will lose. The statistics prove that and it's time we tried something different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast