+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lads couldnt give me much more - Warne

What ever happened to the old throw the kitchen sink at them approache away from home,perhaps we won’t win many but then again we don’t now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    The goal difference counts about 1 point. if both teams equal, a win 3 points.
    If we go away thinking goal difference every time we are in big trouble.
    The goal difference may only count for 1 point as you say, but if we're getting smashed 5-1 or similar every time we play away then overall confidence will drop and this could impact our home games as well. This is the dilemma I think Warne is struggling with.

Personally, I agree with you, I'd rather we went for it and threw the kitchen sink away from home. I'd rather we went toe to toe with teams and I honestly believe it would yield results because none of the so called big guns would expect little old Rotherham to turn up and play an attacking game. I'm just trying to get an idea why Warne might be holding back and I wondered if the Brentford experience is what has spooked him.

We had chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    We had chances.
    1point for a draw,3 for a win what do you get for we had chances.

I never said we got anything.
    Just reading the comments that we’re holding back and not trying to attack.
    Well we had chances.

New game same poor tactics

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As I said to you on the post match thoughts thread Biglad I'm more a statistician than a tactician but I'm sure the 10pts they had before Tuesday was better than our 9
    LOL, thats true but I was talking about our home form and the fact the home crowd would have been on their backs if they were forced to defend for large portions of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    We had chances.
    That's exactly what a couple of pals said Wednesday morning.
    I had to rely on Sky red button , not the same as seeing it live.
    Substitutions for us were none too inspiring and the game eventually went away from us late on at 2-0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12