+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Forrester

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    I remember pretty accurately similar comments being made about McLean when he first arrived. Don't think for a second I'm comparing the two, but give the lad a chance before completely writing him off.
    McLean's initial form was disappointing but I thought many fans were too quick to come to a judgement. Forrester reminds me more of Nicky Maynard, a guy who just looks like a rabbit in the headlights. In fact at the same stage Maynard had shown far more than Forrester has and it was still possible to think a goal or two could turn things round for him.

I agree he could still prove the critics wrong, but I don't think the odds are at all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I know it’s an Aberdeen thing but here’s your weekly reminder that ‘pant pisher’ is really, really bad patter.

Tune in next week for another
    Its a better definition than "Happy Clapper"

For me, the problem isn't Forrester. Despite having been to all matches this season, I dont really think I can give a good, blanced view of his abilities at such an early stage.

BUT the guy who hasn't given me the opportunity to see more of him - cos he isn't playing him - is the guy who bought him and sees him every day in training. So it looks like MCINNES doesn't fancy him and that's no good.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Should we just cut our loses with this joker and show him the door in January?
    Sadly, it's looking like it just now. Haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen he's just passed it sideways. I'd like to see him given a chance in a kind of Gordon Strachan role on the right, in place of McGinn for a low risk game or two. Might do something there?

More likely, McInnes has made up his mind about him already, and he's a lazy f@cker at training, so gone in January I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Sadly, it's looking like it just now. Haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen he's just passed it sideways. I'd like to see him given a chance in a kind of Gordon Strachan role on the right, in place of McGinn for a low risk game or two. Might do something there?

More likely, McInnes has made up his mind about him already, and he's a lazy f@cker at training, so gone in January I suspect.
    Far FAR too slow to play wide.
    Like Greg Stewart... without the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Far FAR too slow to play wide.
    Like Greg Stewart... without the skill.
    Gordon Strachan wasn't exactly rapid.... tiny legs whirring a million miles an hour created the illusion of speed ..
    Wasn't suggesting he played wide ... did Strachan play wide?

The round face does not look like that of an athlete in peak condition.

Shinnie: "Fit the **** were ye' playin' at, min?"

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

I’d be more bothered about the wee belly poking oot

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’d be more bothered about the wee belly poking oot
    Another one I would cut my losses with and show the door in January. McInnes doesn’t rate him either and if he starts a match he is generally one of the first to get subbed due to a poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

I'd be more concerned about him compared to Forrester as well but also willing to give them a chance but...

Why do those players need time to settle in? What's the big deal? Shirely it's not that difficult.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast