+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Forrester

I can't believe some of these comments here. **** sake give Forrester and Gleeson a chance, they've only been AFC players a couple of months not years!!! Yes, they may turn out to be bad buys but you've got to give them a chance to bed in. It would be fantastic if they hit the ground running but better players than them have been through this scenario. Showing my age here but I remember when Billy McNeil signed Gordon Strachan from Dundee, high as a kite Dons fans were, but he contributed nothing. McNeil hardly gave him a chance as without Strachan he kept the same team together who were playing some of the best football I had ever seen at Pittodrie. Fergie became manager next season, folk groaned when Strachan was on, but in a Euro tie against Marek Dimitrov he came on as a sub, virtually scored with his first touch and never looked back
    So just give these ****ers a chance, and I even include Stevie May with that. I do agree we should get rid of Cosgrove though. As soon as he signed and at his prolific scoring rate against quality opposition I knew he was not what I perceive as Aberdeen class

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    If you're happy with Cosgrove in your starting X1 you're accepting a very poor standard of player and in all likelihood a really drab game. The boy is never a footballer in a million years and should be binned. We scored on Saturday when the ball was kept on the deck, then resorted to firing high balls to a bloke who tends to shrink in size when he jumps. I'm not generally one for slating players but if Cosgrove is the standard of player we recruit, then we'll win zero.
    sorry about late reply but i was at game last night , i didnt say i was totally happy with him however we are where we are is he any worse that van der ark , zola , ect ect and thats when we had relatively more finance than now

Van der Ark was a hundred times better than Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_kennedy_tache View Post
    I can't believe some of these comments here. **** sake give Forrester and Gleeson a chance, they've only been AFC players a couple of months not years!!! Yes, they may turn out to be bad buys but you've got to give them a chance to bed in. It would be fantastic if they hit the ground running but better players than them have been through this scenario. Showing my age here but I remember when Billy McNeil signed Gordon Strachan from Dundee, high as a kite Dons fans were, but he contributed nothing. McNeil hardly gave him a chance as without Strachan he kept the same team together who were playing some of the best football I had ever seen at Pittodrie. Fergie became manager next season, folk groaned when Strachan was on, but in a Euro tie against Marek Dimitrov he came on as a sub, virtually scored with his first touch and never looked back
    So just give these ****ers a chance, and I even include Stevie May with that. I do agree we should get rid of Cosgrove though. As soon as he signed and at his prolific scoring rate against quality opposition I knew he was not what I perceive as Aberdeen class
    I like your thinking.

To sum up, if we get rid of McInnes then the new manager will turn Forrester into a superstar?

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Van der Ark wasn’t good, but would he go 12 games without a goal for us & score 1 in 52 overall?
    I think not.
    Cosgrove was/is an experiment & project that won’t work.
    I imagine he’s a Russ Richardson recommendation.
    Serious questions need asked of him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Van der Ark wasn’t good, but would he go 12 games without a goal for us & score 1 in 52 overall?
    I think not.
    Cosgrove was/is an experiment & project that won’t work.
    Maybe so but Russ Richardson isn't playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Even if he made "stupid runs"?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    They do indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    They do indeed
    I think I could do the same job for less money & the same success rate.

We should cut our ties with Russ Richardson. McInnes has already stated last season the transfer windows were poor and this one certainly hasn’t been good. Get someone decent doing scouting for players before the next few windows...Richardson can’t be trusted sourcing players who can improve us.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast