+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Forrester

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Again, who gives a **** about other clubs. I dont support them

Sure some Statto will say. But thats at least 4 we have recently. All for basically being sh@te.We were wanting to pay money for Tansey too. Thank f@ck that never materialised

Someone is not doing their job at the club
    You're the one that's saying that the club terminating four player contracts in nearly 6 years is ridiculous.

But I don't have your vast experience of being involved in management of a football club.

I don't know if it is ridiculous or just a relatively normal figure for a club of our size. So I think that in order to form an opinion it's reasonable to get a comparison with other similar size clubs. And Hibs and Hearts are the obvious ones.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    You're the one that's saying that the club terminating four player contracts in nearly 6 years is ridiculous.

But I don't have your vast experience of being involved in management of a football club.

I don't know if it is ridiculous or just a relatively normal figure for a club of our size. So I think that in order to form an opinion it's reasonable to get a comparison with other similar size clubs. And Hibs and Hearts are the obvious ones.
    Name players we have terminated the contracts of in the last 20 to 30 years. Signed as first team players that is as all those 4 were

I dont have vast experience but i dont remember that many in my time as a Dons fan. 200k signing released for being sh@te, thats a new one on me.

Did Callum Morris see out his contract?

If you’re looking at dodgy transfers, that’s the one I’d focus on. Stinking

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Theres another one

Signed for StPats. Our club is as soft as ****e! No doubt we knew he was signing for them so why coudnt we have asked for a 80or100k fee. Pathetic

Times have changed post-Bosman, so the contract issue didn't really apply then, but even our best managers screwed up.

Eddie Turnbull with Tommy Rae, Brian McIlroy, Dave Millar, Alec Smith, Billy Paul.

Billy McNeill with Steve Ritchie and Doug Considine

Fergie with Andy Harrow and Steve Cowan.

Both Turnbull and Ferguson were blessed by having a quotient of capable skilled winners being promoted from the reserves.

I still don't know the Forrester situation, but if he has scarring family problems affecting his play, he's better off away and I wish him well.

I still can't comment on his ability on the few fleeting appearances he made. Gordon Strachan was ineffective until 79-80, and I recall Martin Buchan getting a hard time when he broke into the Dons team for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Fergie with Andy Harrow and Steve Cowan.
    Perhaps a shade harsh on Steve Cowan, he was just simply not as good as had come before him. Some of my earliest todders memories are my dad and his pals giving him dogs abuse but in my naïve little world I actually thought he was OK. He certainly contributed for a good few seasons.

Was it Fergie who signed Davie Dodds? I'm sure it was towards the end of his reign. We paid a good few 100k for him as well at that time which in todays money must be approaching a few million.

Mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Morris signed for a year at the start of the season but left in January. So , aye , that's another one for Pacman's list which is now up to 5. Still don't know how that compares with others though.

Anyway , what was dodgy or stinking about the Morris deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Name players we have terminated the contracts of in the last 20 to 30 years. Signed as first team players that is as all those 4 were

I dont have vast experience but i dont remember that many in my time as a Dons fan. 200k signing released for being sh@te, thats a new one on me.
    What happened 20-30 years ago is irrelevant , given the vastly changed circumstances now.

Bosman
    UEFA carving up the European competitions for the benefit of the elite
    Sky and other TV companies ploughing millions in to England , and next to sweet FA to Scotland

Well he has just signed a 3 yr deal at St. Pats. He didn't hang around. Interesting interview, just happy to be at a club who actually like him and want him around.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast