+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Forrester

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’d be more bothered about the wee belly poking oot
    He looks in his 50s

He was signed without ever meeting DM face to face. I recall reading from Gleeson himself they had a short phone call once he had signed on. This is poor from manager and player. As a player wouldn't you want to hear directly the role you're being brought in for and how this combines with the boss vision for the club. Likewise the manager, I would expect, would want to see the player across the table and gauge the enthusiasm for coming to the club. To date, it smacks of a journeyman pro coming North for a top up to the pension fund as he couldn't get an equivalent deal down south. I wonder if his family have moved with him.

Still early days, but at the moment both fitness and ability appear lacking.
    Too soon to write him off however and as others have noted, it's not as though he's alone in under-performing at present.
    Fingers crossed he comes good over the course of the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    He was signed without ever meeting DM face to face. I recall reading from Gleeson himself they had a short phone call once he had signed on. This is poor from manager and player. As a player wouldn't you want to hear directly the role you're being brought in for and how this combines with the boss vision for the club. Likewise the manager, I would expect, would want to see the player across the table and gauge the enthusiasm for coming to the club. To date, it smacks of a journeyman pro coming North for a top up to the pension fund as he couldn't get an equivalent deal down south. I wonder if his family have moved with him.
    Definitely - in any walk of life / type of business you need to meet the candidate before giving them the job - yes to see how much they want it and also to see if they have the right attitude and mentality to succeed. Also need to see if their personality will fit with the rest of the squad etc.

McInnes clearly sees a role for Gleason as he’s played him a fair bit - however he doesn’t influence a game which is why he’s first off pretty much every week. I’d rather have Dom Ball playing there to give a bit more energy and pace in the middle.

He clearly doesn’t see a role for Forrester though. He was brought in as the creative player who could change games for us and that’s what we’ve been crying out for this season but mcInnes doesn’t rate him enough to pitch him in. From what I’ve seen of him he’s too lightweight - physically and mentally - the kind of guy who thinks he’s better than he actually is and due to one or two good performances in the past has somehow managed to convince others the same.

How the f@ck did a Chris Forrester thread turn into a discussion on Stephen Gleeson?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He looks in his 50s
    Steady min. I look way better than that at the ripe old age of 52.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Steady min. I look way better than that at the ripe old age of 52.
    Yip .... agree, tho Ah've never met ye .... on the grounds that, at age 57, and on the evidence o' that picture, Ah reckon Ah could gie the guy a good punchin

I spoke to someone within the club who said that he can't wait for Forrester to show in games what he shows in training.
    Now, take that with a pinch of salt, but he reckoned he was by far the most skillful player we have right now.

I have to admit, I thought he looked OK at Cove, granted that was against Cove, but looked a tidy player all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I spoke to someone within the club who said that he can't wait for Forrester to show in games what he shows in training.
    Now, take that with a pinch of salt, but he reckoned he was by far the most skillful player we have right now.

I have to admit, I thought he looked OK at Cove, granted that was against Cove, but looked a tidy player all the same.
    If he’s far more skilful than GMS he must be some player... thing is it doesn’t really matter how many tricks and keepy uppys you can do on the training ground if you disappear and become invisible as soon as you step onto a proper pitch.

One things for sure, he won’t be getting much if any game time against Motherwell as he’ll be even more terrified than normal against that bunch

Not trusted or needed for a result against Motherwell. I suggest this means he is edging towards the exit door if not in January then in the summer. Gleeson also but hardly surprising.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast