+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Forrester

Chris Forrester

Should we just cut our loses with this joker and show him the door in January?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Whilst we may do that & cut our losses, seeing as we can’t actually do that until January, let’s just give him the 4 months to give him a chance & wait & see.
    The signs aren’t good, but I’ll reserve judgement for now.

You have to wonder how a player whose stock was seemingly very high came to be sidelined at an English third tier club within a couple of seasons. The optimistic view would be that he needed a change of scenery but the player we have seen so far doesn't look like someone who was being touted for a big money move a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    You have to wonder how a player whose stock was seemingly very high came to be sidelined at an English third tier club within a couple of seasons. The optimistic view would be that he needed a change of scenery but the player we have seen so far doesn't look like someone who was being touted for a big money move a few years ago.
    Stock was high do we believe everything the evening express writes ?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Yip 100%, do not pass go and do not collect 200.
    and hopefully Cosgrove will go with him

SF

Give him a chance, yes he has been shiite so far but he has hardly played and he is not exactly the only player under performing so far this season. Instead of everybody getting on his back at games how about encouraging him? He could turn out to be awful and a waste of money but at least give him a chance before writinh him off.

So far this season, according to AFC Heritage's excellent records (dial in and donate a coin or two, the Trust has costs in maintaining the site), Forrester has played:

60m v Cobh
    45m v Falkirk
    45m v Sevcove
    78m v WBA*
    25m v Burnley (A)**
    54m v Sevco*
    16m v Dundee
    29m v St Paisley*
    45m v St Perth

* saw live, and was impressed v WBA by the way he threaded moves together in the middle. Otherwise he's not stood out either as good or ****e.

** saw live a a tiny iPhone screen on BT Sport when I was on holiday, but cannot remember any telling contribution positive or negative.

I reserve the right to see him play for a bit longer before jumping to a fair conclusion, as the experts already have.

And that's fit I think.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 20-09-2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: OCD-annoying space between '45' and 'm' in the entry against those Cove ****ers. Sorted now. Thank you for your indulgence.

I think he's the Devil.

Hunners of us should get pitchforks and firey sticks and go round his house, burn him out then run him out of town doing Wiccan chants.

Persecute!

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think he's the Devil.

Hunners of us should get pitchforks and firey sticks and go round his house, burn him out then run him out of town doing Wiccan chants.

Persecute!
    Brilliant idea! Then we could make it a regular thing, could set up an online vote after each game and burn oot one a week til we get rid of all the dross, then we can start on the management team and board!!
    #letsdothis!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Give him a chance, yes he has been shiite so far but he has hardly played and he is not exactly the only player under performing so far this season. Instead of everybody getting on his back at games how about encouraging him? He could turn out to be awful and a waste of money but at least give him a chance before writinh him off.
    i expect the majority of fans will give him the chance, but the reality is the guy who signed him is the one who really needs to give him the opportunity. if the boss doesn't fancy Forrester then he has his work cut out to make any impression. Being a marquee signing, all relevant, it's a weird one that he is well off the pace. Who researches these guys?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast