+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Murderwell Roll call & Sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Good start, excellent goal which should have settled us but didn't. Poor hoofball till half time using Cosgrove who is no better than a donkey.
    Starting a striker who never threatens or looks like scoring is like playing with 10 or 10 & a half men.

Cosgrove is murder.

“Matching up” is poor from DM in my opinion.
    Ok we’re winning but I’d have thought the big central defenders of Motherwell would rather be up against Cosgrove than someone like Anderson.
    And I’ll bet you after about 65 minutes May will come on, not Anderson

Excellent goal from a great run, through ball and finish. Carved them open with some good play. Unfortunately haven’t managed to repeat that as we’ve continued to bang long balls up to cosgrovr which are even more ineffective in the swirling wind.

Motherwell have had more efforts on goal and hit the bar with one.

Not sure what changes he’ll make - may on for cosgrove perhaps and wouldn’t surprise me if he brings on another central midfielder and takes off an attacking player

From BBC - penalty?

Aberdeen have looked really sharp in front of goal with James Wilson and Sam Cosgrove causing the Motherwell defence a host of problems.

And yet the home side lead by just one goal and Motherwell will feel a real sense of injustice that referee Nick Walsh did not award a penalty when Elliott Frear went down after a rash challenge by Andy Considine.

If Aberdeen were to score a second goal then few would bet on anything other than the home side going on to record their second league win of the season.

Should Motherwell draw level, it would be interesting to see exactly how the Dons respond.

I'm sticking with my prediction that we won't score more than one goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I'm sticking with my prediction that we won't score more than one goal.
    Agree.
    Which puts a lot of pressure on the defence to keep a clean sheet.
    As I’ve said before there will be a lot of 1-1’s, 1-0’s this year.
    We really need a natural “no10”, a creative midfielder. Maybe Wright can play that role when fit?
    I know it was only a woeful St Mirren team but he looked good that day.

I'm going to make that prediction for every game this season.

A wins a win and all that sh1te but there is no getting away from the fact that we are indeed utter mince.
    Still maintain that top 6 this season on what we have seen so far is going to be big ask ffs

Phew 1-0 a win happy days

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    A wins a win and all that sh1te but there is no getting away from the fact that we are indeed utter mince.
    Still maintain that top 6 this season on what we have seen so far is going to be big ask ffs
    I agree a wins a win. Nothing outstanding in the performance today but I will certainly take the 3 points. Devlin and McKenna together with Joe Lewis behind them is very decent.

Turgid, horrible long ball football. 3 points today but that won't be happening too often with displays like that. Cosgrove although quite often in the right place does nothing with the ball. The balls rolls off his head rather than him heading it.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast