+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 positives

2 positives

Clean sheet
    Egan's getting better. Rock

A 3rd positive ,we're a point better off than we wer before the game.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    A 3rd positive ,we're a point better off than we wer before the game.UTCB
    And other teams above us got 2 points more It's a good point if we win Saturday as it's our first draw too...

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Clean sheet
    Egan's getting better. Rock
    Agree, He was a colossus in there last night, won everything in the air and looks composed on the ball too, unlike a few of the others last night.

I reckon it was a bad day at the office for 4 or 5 of our players at least and possibly on reflection (only possibly) CW made too many changes all at once.

Baldock struggled late on maybe fitness wise but it also might be because he doesnt attack the line like Freeman.

Johnson looked pacey in the first half but clearly tired towards the end and looked leggy from our side on the John Street Stand.

I thought we missed Enda last night and maybe Billy should have started, but I also felt sorry for Leon who looked like he was trying too hard at times.

Same for Flecky who lost the ball a few times as Brum got stronger towards the end.

Even more obvious though was the drastic come down in form of Norwood, His crosses were off the mark , a couple of passes went astray, he lost the ball a couple of times and some of his corners didnt beat the first man.

Hopefully the lads have got all the bad stuff out of their system and all in one game as a positive also for me was that we got a point in a game we would have lost a few seasons ago and we would have struggled against a top 6 side last night.

Onwards and upwards

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    And other teams above us got 2 points more It's a good point if we win Saturday as it's our first draw too...
    Brizzle dint get any points did they? Egan is improvin no doubt abart that,we move on to Satdi nar,if we dunt win i won't panic but obvs i want 3points,we owe Preston for doin the double over us last season.UTCB

I have a 4th positive chaps - Wednesday night proved that Lundstram doesn’t have to always start in order for us to play badly.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    I have a 4th positive chaps - Wednesday night proved that Lundstram doesn’t have to always start in order for us to play badly.
    Lolz

I pin Norwood's mare performance on his new pair of pink predators he was showing off on social media! Hope they have a good returns policy.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    If Lundy had started we'd've lost,ask Chipbutt. I bet Enda's delighted when Lundy plays cos he gets the stick intead of Enda/Leon etc; UTCB