+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brexit - Leeds Transfer Policy Conundrum & .................

Brexit - Leeds Transfer Policy Conundrum & .................

London School of Economics Tom Cannon wrote back in July 2018 ...............

Papers released in March 2018 explained that EU nationals arriving after March 30 2019 will be given a “temporary status” allowing them to stay beyond the end of a transition phase in December 2020.

Home Secretary Sajid David confirmed that any EU national here by the end of 2020 will be given five years to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

They will get a "lifetime right" to bring in their entire close family, kids, spouse, parents, grandparents – even if they are outside the EU.

They can also bring in their girlfriend or boyfriend - a "durable partner" if they can prove they have been together for two years.

Theresa May had already agreed that three million EU nationals living in the UK can remain for life - if they apply for settled status.

Mmm, so in relation to footballs future (Leeds).

Beyond the playing squads tough questions exist around the coaching and technical staff at leading clubs.Ex Chelsea Antonio Conte (as a former Italian team manager) might have no problem satisfying the requirements for a visa and work permit but would all his technical team? Conte’s successor Maurizio Sarri poses a trickier question, while Marco Silva, Mauricio Pellegrino, Carlos Carvalhal, Javi Gracia and others along with their technical teams might struggle. Despite the grumbles of some club owners, there are few signs that initial fears about the impact of a weaker pound are taking place. The most recent TV deals fell short of the massive increases of recent years, but still reflect the importance of English football to subscription TV. Amazon’s entry into the Premier League broadcast market reinforces that picture.

But there may be lessons for the wider British football economy and hopes that generous trade deals with the likes of China and the USA will soften the longer term impact of Brexit. English football has cut early deals with the type of US and Chinese investors have delivered this Brexit football dividend.

So far this has not always been the case. Clubs like Arsenal, Sunderland, Aston Villa have seen few benefits from USA or Chinese investors. Even the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool find that USA owners invest for economic reasons, not sentiment.

Mmmm,we'll have to wait and see on all fronts but the Rad has insight (it appears) as relationship tie ups combining TV rights in Europe/Asia/USA are all under way and inklings of Leeds future foundation transfer policies now in the mix with an eye firmly on Brexit.

Living/working in mainland Europe right now 'flexibility' is very much the key word when looking at the UK avenues/events.
    Recently spending time with my daughter (as she's in rehab) I'm really concerned of what and how is going to be unleashed back home in Britain across the boards ........... football being just one example.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    London School of Economics Tom Cannon wrote back in July 2018 ...............

Papers released in March 2018 explained that EU nationals arriving after March 30 2019 will be given a “temporary status” allowing them to stay beyond the end of a transition phase in December 2020.

Home Secretary Sajid David confirmed that any EU national here by the end of 2020 will be given five years to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

They will get a "lifetime right" to bring in their entire close family, kids, spouse, parents, grandparents – even if they are outside the EU.

They can also bring in their girlfriend or boyfriend - a "durable partner" if they can prove they have been together for two years.

Theresa May had already agreed that three million EU nationals living in the UK can remain for life - if they apply for settled status.

Mmm, so in relation to footballs future (Leeds).

Beyond the playing squads tough questions exist around the coaching and technical staff at leading clubs.Ex Chelsea Antonio Conte (as a former Italian team manager) might have no problem satisfying the requirements for a visa and work permit but would all his technical team? Conte’s successor Maurizio Sarri poses a trickier question, while Marco Silva, Mauricio Pellegrino, Carlos Carvalhal, Javi Gracia and others along with their technical teams might struggle. Despite the grumbles of some club owners, there are few signs that initial fears about the impact of a weaker pound are taking place. The most recent TV deals fell short of the massive increases of recent years, but still reflect the importance of English football to subscription TV. Amazon’s entry into the Premier League broadcast market reinforces that picture.

But there may be lessons for the wider British football economy and hopes that generous trade deals with the likes of China and the USA will soften the longer term impact of Brexit. English football has cut early deals with the type of US and Chinese investors have delivered this Brexit football dividend.

So far this has not always been the case. Clubs like Arsenal, Sunderland, Aston Villa have seen few benefits from USA or Chinese investors. Even the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool find that USA owners invest for economic reasons, not sentiment.

Mmmm,we'll have to wait and see on all fronts but the Rad has insight (it appears) as relationship tie ups combining TV rights in Europe/Asia/USA are all under way and inklings of Leeds future foundation transfer policies now in the mix with an eye firmly on Brexit.

Living/working in mainland Europe right now 'flexibility' is very much the key word when looking at the UK avenues/events.
    Recently spending time with my daughter (as she's in rehab) I'm really concerned of what and how is going to be unleashed back home in Britain across the boards ........... football being just one example.

MOT
    dont worry just ask Farrage, Jacob Rees-Sanctimoniuos-Tw@t, Bojo, Gove, Giesla Stewart et al - everything post Brexit will be shiny and paved in gold - they were very clear about that when campaigning - ergo it must be true.

As such, I am sure that Leeds will win everything every year without fail - no ifs no buts no maybes ��

bore off you boring c unt ... who gives a f uck, sick of hearing about brexit ****e especially from remoaning c unts like you !!!
    Last edited by whoever; 21-09-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Arfs

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    bore off you boring c unt ... who gives a f uck, sick of hearing about brexit ****e especially from remoaning c unts like you !!!
    proper charmer ... don’t mind properly made decisions but the whole misinformation and then lack of of planning and denial is what gets my goat - sounds like that’s how you like it tho so fair dos

With Chelsea loaning out 40 players & Juventus loaning out 50 FIFA is trying to impose a limit of only a maximum of 4 loanees.
    Leaving only the big clubs free in PL to buy the players of true International quality (via caps for their country) to qualify for a work permit.
    That'll have a hell of an effect on smaller PL clubs and throughout the English leagues who presently depend on oversea players via recruitment who won't qualify for such work permits under new Brexit plans in the future.
    Even the non league clubs will suffer too - but a big plus will be more British kids getting into teams and maybe ultimately will help the national team's down the line.

For Leeds in the transfer market this season it'll be an 'interesting' scenario especially if we're still on PL course come Xmas in who will be on the recruitment list ........... for sure a planning and budget nightmare and no Wolves plan B to fall back on if FIFA 'loan plan' comes into fruitition for whatever League we'll be in next season.

Could see more players heading to the Italian & Spanish leagues via Agents jumping on Brexit lack of clarity.
    Interestingly less music artists are planning UK tours next year and are looking for venues in Europe more and more as ticket sales are guaranteed up front.

Not a negative post as such but a warning to those who crave new faces and the associated problems possibly ahead.
    MOT

I suspect we will be a net beneficiary; if there is such a thing in this case. Our academy is very strong. over the long haul that will act as the ballast against all of the other pressures.

regarding the politics of the matter. as an outsider looking in I think it's pretty simple. do you want someone in Brussels ruling you or do you want your own right to vote your rulers? I think quite a few wars have been fought over that issue. I know the worlds a much smaller place so it oversimplifies the matter but in the end when you can't vote for who lords over you then you are a subject. That's fine if you are comfortable with that but the Brit's have never struck me as anyone's servant. Hell, you controlled most of the world from one tiny island not that long ago in historical terms.
    Last edited by spaldy; 24-09-2018 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I suspect we will be a net beneficiary; if there is such a thing in this case. Our academy is very strong. over the long haul that will act as the ballast against all of the other pressures.

regarding the politics of the matter. as an outsider looking in I think it's pretty simple. do you want someone in Brussels ruling you or do you want your own right to vote your rulers? I think quite a few wars have been fought over that issue. I know the worlds a much smaller place so it oversimplifies the matter but in the end when you can't vote for who lords over you then you are a subject. That's fine if you are comfortable with that but the Brit's have never struck me as anyone's servant. Hell, you controlled most of the world from one tiny island not that long ago in historical terms.
    Was that meant to be the ironic post it is

This FA meeting below is sure going to be of interest ...............

https://www.theweek.co.uk/premier-le...ns-for-eu-exit

If Mrs May sells us out then I reckon the Tories will lose the next general election leaving Labour to ruin whats left of this once great country.

Worrying times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)