+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have improved in players but i still think we're lacking quite abit..

We have improved in players but i still think we're lacking quite abit..

Three major factors we're missing for the top 6 IMO... Pace, a proven goalscorer and a Duffy role player

Sir CW has said a few times we don't need pace but i want to know why? You cant beat it specially coming off the bench when opponent players are tired. Holmes and Brooks have left so not bringing in a similar replacement is very strange as Duffy is 32 and not a full game player, we lack that quickness and spark like Brooks gave us so i don't see how you cannot have/want pace???

All summer we've chased two 'proven' strikers who we never really saw coming.. so why not chase others? Maybe they was a chance of Waghorn before Derby and Boro came sniffing but Hogan hasn't played a game for months so he wouldn't have been fit anyways? The four strikers we have aren't good enough for top end Championship either. Notice how QPR have picked up after signing Wells and Hemed? Not only do they score but they give the club a big buzz and it would have been the same at BDTBL!

You might think this is a dig but it's just a realistic view and something we've lacked since last season!

UTB!

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Three major factors we're missing for the top 6 IMO... Pace, a proven goalscorer and a Duffy role player

Sir CW has said a few times we don't need pace but i want to know why? You cant beat it specially coming off the bench when opponent players are tired. Holmes and Brooks have left so not bringing in a similar replacement is very strange as Duffy is 32 and not a full game player, we lack that quickness and spark like Brooks gave us so i don't see how you cannot have/want pace???

All summer we've chased two 'proven' strikers who we never really saw coming.. so why not chase others? Maybe they was a chance of Waghorn before Derby and Boro came sniffing but Hogan hasn't played a game for months so he wouldn't have been fit anyways? The four strikers we have aren't good enough for top end Championship either. Notice how QPR have picked up after signing Wells and Hemed? Not only do they score but they give the club a big buzz and it would have been the same at BDTBL!

You might think this is a dig but it's just a realistic view and something we've lacked since last season!

UTB!
    I wasn't overly disapointed that Waggy went elsewhere,i neva thought Hogan was comin(Injury,wages)I would tho have liked both/either of the 2 who went to QPR bit i spose it all comes darn to MONEY tho dunt it? UTCB

Good O/P GOM. I think we also lack creativity. When teams come to attack us as Villa set up to we are fine but when teams put 11 behind the ball and hope to catch us on the break we struggle to break them down. I appreciate Norwood is a play maker but we don’t seem to have anyone who can dribble through defences to break them down (apart from Duffy as you said in the OP)

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Good O/P GOM. I think we also lack creativity. When teams come to attack us as Villa set up to we are fine but when teams put 11 behind the ball and hope to catch us on the break we struggle to break them down. I appreciate Norwood is a play maker but we don’t seem to have anyone who can dribble through defences to break them down (apart from Duffy as you said in the OP)
    Fleck is more than capable of taking a few players on but he doesn't try it anywhere near enough.

i also think goldie could slot in to the duffy role hes a striker who likes to drop deep for the ball anyway as for another striker think we missed a trick not bringing nahki wells in im sure he would have come to us having played all his football up here but of course who knows wages might have been an issue again

I would try Jamie Mcgonigle Coleraine and Moore from Barnsley young lads on the way up in the game not old has beens UTB

The way to break teams down is like the first goal Saturday less tip tap forwards moving into space and shoot at every opportunity and same with the last defenders do not like players runn7ng at them with the ball.Finally on Saturday Again at times we tried to walk the ball in CW get the lads to shoot at every chance UTB

yeah good point about trying to walk the ball in reminds me obviously at a lower level of the arsenal team we just never have a pop at goal when we get near opponents penalty area

After watching his performance on Saturday Callum Robinson at Preston could be a realistic option for the Duffy role. Really impressed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by woodysrightfoot View Post
    The way to break teams down is like the first goal Saturday less tip tap forwards moving into space and shoot at every opportunity and same with the last defenders do not like players runn7ng at them with the ball.Finally on Saturday Again at times we tried to walk the ball in CW get the lads to shoot at every chance UTB
    We opened em up wi our 3rd goal as well dint we? Superb play by the much maligned Enda Stevens and of course Marvin Johnson.Olly's free kick wasn't too shabby for Bash's goal either mi thinks.Callum Robinson also impressed me HandoBlade. UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast