+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/T Ryder Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    What about Serena Williams.
    She was a disgrace in that final.
    As soon as you call the umpire a thief they should have taken the match of her, not a game.
    But then again she is a woman, a black one at that.
    You can't touch her without being ***ist, or racist.
    Not for me all this gamesmanship. Play up, play the game. Do your talking after you've won.
    Same bracket as diving, and cheating in my book.
    As soon as you run to the corner flag and stick your ar5e out, it should be a free kick against for ungentlemanly conduct
    Never used to bother me when I played.
    The more sh1t they dished out, the better I played.
    That's totally fine if everyone plays like that , they don't so you step up and leave the naivete back in the Gentleman v The Players era where it belongs .

Just my opinion .

I know those days are gone, but in general, I'd rather lose than cheat.
    That's why I found the World Cup such a turn off.
    How good was it to see the Ryder Cup played as sport should be?
    It is only a game, as we discovered when the Burton game was called off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I know those days are gone, but in general, I'd rather lose than cheat.
    That's why I found the World Cup such a turn off.
    How good was it to see the Ryder Cup played as sport should be?
    It is only a game, as we discovered when the Burton game was called off.
    Cheating absolutely not , drug cheats , ban em for life , players simulating to get a penalty , certainly not .

I'm right on the line Hodger , bit of sledging at cricket , no problem , trying to slow my opponent down and have a bit of a practice putt on the last green , no problem , Redders clattering David Beckham in the 98 cup tie and telling him to " get up you fecking fairy " absolutely no problem .

That's where I am with it Hodger , I've no time for the Lance Armstrong's of this world .

I remember the first morning of the 2005 ashes seies at Lords .

Australia came out to bat and that first session put a real marker down by England even though we did lose that first test .

Harmison was hostile and hit the Aussies top order , Ponting and Langer were hit badly during that session .

No England player offered to see if the Aussie player was all right , just stood there and offered nothing .

The Aussies knew at that point that this was a very different England who were going to give as much as they got and weren't going to be bullied .

We lost that game but we won the series , the seeds were sown on the very first morning .

Personally I've no problem with winning or losing at sport. If you take part and do yourself justice then that's all you can do. I obviously play to win and be as competitive as possible but it's not the be all end all if i lose. Try and enjoy it. Thats my outlook. I learned that on the golf course, as a youngster I got thoroughly wound up and would blame everything but myself then it dawned on me that I wasn't enjoying what I was doing, that was until my attitude changed. Each to their own ennyrooard

I agree with that Pass
    When you don't play well at golf don't blame your clubs, the greens, the weather etc it's nobody's fault but your own
    I remember playing a game with my Dad who was having a stinker & eventually blamed me for the way I was wearing my golf cap for his poor form

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I agree with that Pass
    When you don't play well at golf don't blame your clubs, the greens, the weather etc it's nobody's fault but your own
    I remember playing a game with my Dad who was having a stinker & eventually blamed me for the way I was wearing my golf cap for his poor form
    I've seen Golf drive the most mild mannered blowks bananas on many occasion. The game can be so difficult and frustrating

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789