+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Ryder Cup

O/T Ryder Cup

Just a week away from the start of this great tournament , having looked at both teams , i think it will be hard , but not impossible to beat what looks like a formidable USA Team , we don't seem to have the fighters we had previously ? Poulter probably one that may nark the Yanks ? Could be very interesting , it could also be the Last European Team too ? All the best to the Team , and hopefully a win ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Just a week away from the start of this great tournament , having looked at both teams , i think it will be hard , but not impossible to beat what looks like a formidable USA Team , we don't seem to have the fighters we had previously ? Poulter probably one that may nark the Yanks ? Could be very interesting , it could also be the Last European Team too ? All the best to the Team , and hopefully a win ,
    Can't see anything other than an american win roma , hope I'm totally wrong of course but they seem a pretty formidable team and we don't in all honesty .

If it was played at The Belfry with a good and loud partisan Brit crowd we may be able to get under their skins and rattle them like we used to do .

Niver liked it there with their superstars and our European Tour lads like Torrance and Howard Clarke were inspired by it despite not having the same talent as the americans .

We cud be in fo a reyt arseoyling.

Those crowds of fat Yanks wi their baseball caps on backwards will be whooping and hollering "Get in the hole" while eyting double burgers and "fries", drinking fizzy coke through a straw and stuffing thursens wi popcorn and "candy". And the'll be cheering if we miss a putt--no class.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We cud be in fo a reyt arseoyling.

Those crowds of fat Yanks wi their baseball caps on backwards will be whooping and hollering "Get in the hole" while eyting double burgers and "fries", drinking fizzy coke through a straw and stuffing thursens wi popcorn and "candy". And the'll be cheering if we miss a putt--no class.
    Thuz numtee fans on booarth sides, theyev moor marth tho, " yor the man " a carnt think why wi laikin in Paris tho , no notable french player I can think on , Van de Velde perhaps, ( not that Dutch ditecktiv ) Italy wud ev been my choice of venue ,

Started to get nasty in 91 and the war on the shore .

Brookline in 99 wasn't great either , invading the green when Olazabal still had a putt to tie the contest , shameful .

We aren't no angels but we are better than them , clap when they miss a putt granted but generally it's just partisan .

Not sure the French even know it's taking place .

That's reyt Animal , Kiawah Island , Carnt rememba their players name , wiry, black curly hair n tache , good player , he wore a combat style outfit ? Nasty little gett, fist pumping way OTT
    and has you mentioned about that incident with Olazabal it was disgusting to say the least ,
    Azinger was another nasty pig too , i hope we geeum a reyt tayteein

Whilst I think golf should be a gentleman game the incidents mentioned in 91 and 99 have stoked up the rivalry and added fuel to the fire. Seeing the yanks running all over the green in 99 was heart breaking because we lost. I don't agree with it as olazabal was still to putt but let's face it these incidents make the Ryder cup what it is.

Things like that make me want to beat them Americans even more. A bit of needle only adds to the tension, the Ryder cup delivers more pressure and expectation than any other golf tournament.

The majors are still great but not even close to the Ryder cup for drama. I say that because I've noticed a change in the last 20 years watching the majors. I feel that the pressure is evaporating from majors compared to say, 25 years ago. I cant put my finger on why that is, possibly the money involved these days? Or the individualality of playing for ones self rather than for a team?

Whatever it is the majors don't serve up the kind of pressure that the Ryder cup does. Jeez av sin top players walk onto that 1st tee at Ryder cup looking like they've never hit a tee shot afooar in the lives! Legs like jelly and physically cowering. I love this event despite some distasteful incidents over the years. However, as ive said it helps fan the flames and keeps a healthy rivalry between the two continents going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    That's reyt Animal , Kiawah Island , Carnt rememba their players name , wiry, black curly hair n tache , good player , he wore a combat style outfit ? Nasty little gett, fist pumping way OTT
    and has you mentioned about that incident with Olazabal it was disgusting to say the least ,
    Azinger was another nasty pig too , i hope we geeum a reyt tayteein

Might av bin Corey Pavin (combat gear)? That 91 Ryder cup were the first one I remember vividly. That putt Langer missed to win still hurts, mind you he holed some belters and laiked some reight golf just to get himsen that opportunity when all seemed lost at one point.

Actually i think combat man were Mark Calvavecchia. Bloodyhell thaz got me thinkin nar, its doin mi eeard in

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Actually i think combat man were Mark Calvavecchia. Bloodyhell thaz got me thinkin nar, its doin mi eeard in
    That's him Pass Corey Pavin ( thus a Corey Pavin darn opposite Ash Inn Wombwell, does block paved driveways etc ) no kiddin,
    Am not shoor nar if all Yanks wore that Combat stuff

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast