+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Ryder Cup

Superb afternoon for Europe and a white wash giving us a 5-3 lead .

Got to keep ourselves in front at all times for me and make the scoreboard increase the pressure on the americans .

If we can establish a 4 point lead going in to Sunday's singles then it will really make it tough for the yanks .

That crowd on sunday is worth a point , far more partisan than I thought they'd be , looks to be thousands upon thousands of brits travelled over and it's really helping europe .

Must admit some of the holes bear more resemblence to some pf the crazy golf in Blackpool with the pin positions & hazard design & placements
    But what a testament to the skill of both sets of gplfers

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Must admit some of the holes bear more resemblence to some pf the crazy golf in Blackpool with the pin positions & hazard design & placements
    But what a testament to the skill of both sets of gplfers
    The 18th is made for this contest , risk and reward hole , some drama to come on that hole on sunday for sure .

Europe 8 - 4 USA going in to this afternoon's fouresomes .

Two wins this afternoon and a 4 point lead to take in to tomorrow's singles would give Europe a significant edge , scoreboard and from a physiological point of view .

I Don't like all the booing of the Americans, falling to their level of etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I Don't like all the booing of the Americans, falling to their level of etiquette.
    It's not normal behaviour in this most honorable of games but this is not normal golf .

It's tribal isn't it , us v them rather than players competing individually across a number of nations at a major .

The American's should feed off it and shove the boos right down the european supporters throats , that's the way to deal with it .

I get the sentiment Animal but I guess i'm old fashioned, be polite and welcoming then shove it to them.

Come on Europe.

Did you see me on the 14th hole during the whitewash of yesterday afternoon? Just got home. Absolutely brilliant. If you ever get the chance go! The booing is coming from Europe. Also some booing is other European speaking people saying euuuuuu-ope- sounds like booing. American fans are outnumbered 10-1 by Europeans. The atmosphere is just phenomenal! Only two downsides are French can’t organise anything so couldn’t get us in in time for first tee and the beer is 8 euros a go! Worth it though!

Europe 10 - 6 USA

The American's have twice come back from this to claim the Ryder Cup on the sunday .

1999 and 2012 , however on both occasions it was on american soil .

Going to be an interesting afternoon tomorrow to say the least .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle07 View Post
    Did you see me on the 14th hole during the whitewash of yesterday afternoon? Just got home. Absolutely brilliant. If you ever get the chance go! The booing is coming from Europe. Also some booing is other European speaking people saying euuuuuu-ope- sounds like booing. American fans are outnumbered 10-1 by Europeans. The atmosphere is just phenomenal! Only two downsides are French can’t organise anything so couldn’t get us in in time for first tee and the beer is 8 euros a go! Worth it though!
    Good stuff Marcelle , glad tha enjoyed it , 8 euros a pint !!!!!!!!

Fecking hell .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast