+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Euro 2024

Euro 2024

I see Turkey has lost yet another bidding process to host the Euros, this time to Germany. While Turkey would perhaps have been more interesting, it’s hard to look beyond Germany (and I would have hated to see a gloating Erdogan).

The German stadia are excellent thanks to the 2006 World Cup (I saw games in Nuremberg and Kaiserslautern - the latter are now languishing in the third division, which must make them Germany’s Sunderland). Shame they don’t follow the German pricing model, too, but there’s no chance of UEFA doing that (cost me about £400 for three group games at the last Euros in France).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I see Turkey has lost yet another bidding process to host the Euros, this time to Germany. While Turkey would perhaps have been more interesting, it’s hard to look beyond Germany (and I would have hated to see a gloating Erdogan).

The German stadia are excellent thanks to the 2006 World Cup (I saw games in Nuremberg and Kaiserslautern - the latter are now languishing in the third division, which must make them Germany’s Sunderland). Shame they don’t follow the German pricing model, too, but there’s no chance of UEFA doing that (cost me about £400 for three group games at the last Euros in France).
    So, major tournaments held since the beginning of the 1970s up to 2024....
    Germany 4
    France 3
    Italy 2
    England 1

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So, major tournaments held since the beginning of the 1970s up to 2024....
    Germany 4
    France 3
    Italy 2
    England 1
    Interesting stats these, I can see why they pick Germany so much as I find it a wonderful country to visit, been at a few matches there also with no trouble at all, its a shame there's not a major tournament coming to England again soon, some seriously lovely grounds over there too. I have been to Turkey and although it was a decent enough place the football side of things can be very spiky with a lot of serious nutters for fans.