+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously though

I thought we would be fine until injuries and suspensions set in and so far in our current injury crisis we are doing well, long may it continue.

Harrison is going to be a massive player for us this year, given the fact his first few games have only been his first few in any form of English first team football hes been doing brilliantly and gets better each game. Once Issy Brown is fit and raring to go I don't see a team in our league with a more threatening all round attacking line up when you consider we'll have Saiz, Hernandez, Harrison, Alioski, Brown, Roofe, Roberts, Bamford and then even likes of Dallas, Clarke with Klich also operating both attack and defensive duties.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I thought we would be fine until injuries and suspensions set in and so far in our current injury crisis we are doing well, long may it continue.

Harrison is going to be a massive player for us this year, given the fact his first few games have only been his first few in any form of English first team football hes been doing brilliantly and gets better each game. Once Issy Brown is fit and raring to go I don't see a team in our league with a more threatening all round attacking line up when you consider we'll have Saiz, Hernandez, Harrison, Alioski, Brown, Roofe, Roberts, Bamford and then even likes of Dallas, Clarke with Klich also operating both attack and defensive duties.
    agreed - Harrison looks like he has found his feet and as his confidence grows is becoming more and more influential.

i like the fact that MB’s plan B is stick to Plan A and try harder as that must breed confidence to keep at it for 90mins. Plan A also involves good football to watch!

Also so happy for Roofe that he is being played in a role and system that plays to his strength. Peter Drinkage wouldn’t be used to dunk it in basketball -Roofe was completely unsuited to hoofball.

I think it was Wilko who said title winning form was to try to average at least 2 points per game and we are well above that average about a 1/6 of the season in.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Agree Tich.

That 1st team sheet for the stoke game

How very wrong you were

Oh..and me too
    Took me a couple of games to come to terms with realising the team were basicly the same players as last year.
    Turns out Bielsa can perform exorcisms too.

Joys of being a Leeds fan, held off posting anything too positive because as sure as eggs is eggs we would have a bad result & BOOM there we go again.

Never a dull moment though!

did you think we would go the season unbeaten? Still got reasons to be cheerful!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    did you think we would go the season unbeaten? Still got reasons to be cheerful!
    Was hoping... I just knew as soon as I said how positive it all is, it would bite me.

I am still delighted with everything. Wish we hadn't lost to Monk but now we will see the response from the team.

bielsa might of blamed himself publicly regarding the Brum defeat, but behind closed doors ill bet hes tearing the squad a new one, they will be raring to go on friday, mightve been a blessing, noone goes unbeaten all season, better to beat the realistic challengers for promotion, and if you do lose one against an also ran, its not the end of the world.

We'd all have taken at the start of the season where we are now, 4 points out of the next two games I'd be happy with.

if our lineup against stoke had been blackman ayling douglas jansson cooper klich baker harrison hernandez saiz and bamford (in other words, all our new players, plus klich who is basically a new player as he played all of about 2 games last season) would we have won the match?, im not so sure, Marcelo chose the majority of last seasons players coz it was a lineup who had been here already, apart from douglas who was needed, the other new players need to prove theyre good enough to do a douglas and just come into the starting 11, i for 1 am pleased they aint just been chucked in straight away just coz they are new or different, Marcelo knows what he is doing, great start to our league campaign, lets keep it going now with a win against the wendies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)