+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What now for Brexit?

Have an hour with a couple of live MP's like I did last night over a pint or three. Frankly it's frightening! Even they are shocked with the sheer ineptitude of the Brexit negotiations.

Apparently Corbyn is keeping schtum until an actual agreement is reached, then all hell will break loose. God only knows how he is going to appease the Remainers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Have an hour with a couple of live MP's like I did last night over a pint or three. Frankly it's frightening! Even they are shocked with the sheer ineptitude of the Brexit negotiations.

Apparently Corbyn is keeping schtum until an actual agreement is reached, then all hell will break loose. God only knows how he is going to appease the Remainers?
    BT, I have far better things to do than spend time drinking with MPs, although I have had several pints and watched football with your current Labour Party Chari, allthough he does seem to hae disappeared from Ashington Football Club since a couple of scandals over funding came in to the open.

I am sure that there is not one MP who would swap with Theresa May and have to carry out negotiations about leaving the EU. They are all content to sit and snipe and will be more than happy to say that it had nothing to do with them and that they would have done things differently if they had been in charge.
    Sadly, I have got so used to this over the years that it just goes right over my head.

News Flash!

Theresa May has just chucked her toys out of the pram and said, "due to a lack of respect shown towards her yesterday from the EU in Salzburg, they can collectively shove their heads up their arses , because it's a no deal". Or words to that effect!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ily_newsletter
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 21-09-2018 at 02:34 PM.

FFS..Every man and his dog knew it was going to be a "no deal" from the day it was voted on to leave.. Let's get on with it and get the phook out of Europe ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    FFS..Every man and his dog knew it was going to be a "no deal" from the day it was voted on to leave.. Let's get on with it and get the phook out of Europe ..
    Hey you ---I'm off to Spain, France, Italy and Portugal on Saturday and with no border problems it should be OK.
    I look forward to doing the same next year when you will even need to go through a border crossing to get into Northern Ireland, never mind Europe. I look forward to the good old days we used to have coming home on leave from Germany, particularly when travelling from Calais ---queue up at the Dutch/german border, then at the Dutch/Belgium border followed by the Belgium/France border and then in the reverse order coming back except for queueing at the French post --happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Hey you ---I'm off to Spain, France, Italy and Portugal on Saturday and with no border problems it should be OK.
    I look forward to doing the same next year when you will even need to go through a border crossing to get into Northern Ireland, never mind Europe. I look forward to the good old days we used to have coming home on leave from Germany, particularly when travelling from Calais ---queue up at the Dutch/german border, then at the Dutch/Belgium border followed by the Belgium/France border and then in the reverse order coming back except for queueing at the French post --happy days.
    Have a great holiday Ashy.dont forget your passport either..lol .Hopefully the Clarets might have some more points by the time you get back.. Lol

alf --I live in hope but not expectation!! You know me ---Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed!
    I will enjoy my holiday though, having had to cancel the last one because of my having nearly written my self off last Christmas. All is now back to normal and I shall be giving the ball a good kick and fostering Anglo/ European relations as I always do!

What now for Brexit?

I was at a party....And this feller said to me, Something bad is happening, I'm sure you do agree...
    "government" care's for nothing, No respect for human rights Evil times are coming We are in for darker nights?
    I said who are you To talk about impending doom? He got kinda wary As he looked around the room He said, I'm a Minister A big shot in the state? I said I just can't Believe it, boy I think it's "Bait"...so Brother can you tell me What is right and what is wrong? He said, keep on sucking baby 'Til your "Brain" is gone?
    On and on and on....and on and on - and on

Norder...you crack me up..

Should be no problem with a no deal and end of, its got to be better than pandering to their wishes, after all we did vote to leave, so leave with nothing, it may hurt us in the short run, but it will also hurt them in short and long term.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)