+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What now for Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It was always going to be like this Sinkov.

People like Boris etc who told us that we would get a better deal than if we stayed in because "they need us more than we need them" are now proving to have misled many who voted for Brexit.

It was obvious that the EU would not give us a better deal than those who remain as full members. But people actually believed that this would be the case and are now blaming the EU.

Only two options now. Leave with no deal or remain.
    And only the people can decide this.
    l voted Leave 59/60 on account of my own knowledge and experience of life in the EU, Boris had nothing to do with the way I voted, but I never noticed him saying anything I didn't agree with, so in that respect he certainly didn't mislead me.

There was an attempt to mislead me by Osborne, Carney, the Treasury and numerous supposedly reputable economists who collaborated on Project Fear. They said, quite unequivocally, that a Leave vote would result in a fall in GDP of between 3.6% and 6.0%. Since the refererendum GDP has risen, they were wrong on a short term forecast by 5% of GDP. They told us unemployment would rise by 520m - 820m, it has fallen to record lows. Osborne predicted a Leave vote would lead to a rerun of the 08/09 recession, it didn't. The housing market would collapse, house prices have risen, there would be a deterioration in the public finaces leading to tax rises and a cut in pensions, none of it happened, he predicted he would have to announce an emergency budget, he didn't. The referendum was run with these lies being promulgated in the media on a daily basis, yet Leave still won. If the great British public had been told the truth by the Remain establishment it would have been a landslide for Leave, their lies did manage to reduce the
    margin of victory for Leave, but even their avalanche of lies and Fake News wasn't enough.

And yet Remainers have convinced themselves that they lost because of some figures, which were more or less accurate anyway, on the side of a bus. Yeah right !!

I don't think you are correct in saying there are now only two options. There is no option to remain in the EU, A50 says we leave at the end of March, even at this late hour no one has articulated how this article of an EU Treaty can be circumvented. We might leave without a trade deal, but leave we will. There are still many twists and turns to come I'm sure. The EU has not yet got it's sweaty mitts on our £40 billion in the Withdrawal Agreement, until it does this is not over..

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    “It is self-evident that where this democracy rules, the people as such are not taken into consideration at all. The only thing that matters is the existence of a few hundred gigantic capitalists who own all the factories and their stock and, through them, control the people. The masses of the people do not interest them in the least. They are interested in them just as were our bourgeois parties in former times - only when elections are being held, when they need votes. Otherwise, the life of the masses is a matter of complete indifference to them."
    True, she is a self serving idiot, yet she still beat the bigger Commie idiot in the general election. Says a lot about the quality of the opposition.

Thats great Sinkov reading that about the final in the San Siro ,I was there also about that time. But !!!!

I was there outside the stadium 'snogging' with some girl , cant remember where she was from Italian ,American? All of a sudden these supporters came past ,in cars, coaches,roaring shouting! Some spotted us, as they were leaning outside the windows yelling, the coaches moved slowly. No checking me ( or us!), no worries for me, if we go back to something similar. :-)

The next day I went to look at the great San Siro,inside looking down from the terraces, the place looked more of a war zone!

Me and a mate decided to go Balan because we thought Liverpool would be in the Final but they lost in the semis. We arrived with no hotel booked and no match tickets, we told a taxi driver at the station and he took us to somewhere which seemed to be the HQ of the Inter supporters club, they arranged a couple of tickets for us and told us which hotel to go to. Possibly we got lucky and landed on our feet but it all went quite smoothly. even in the EU I'm not sure I'd try something similar nowadays.

For all the world, a second referendum now looks likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    True, she is a self serving idiot, yet she still beat the bigger Commie idiot in the general election. Says a lot about the quality of the opposition.
    The DUP are keeping her and the Tories afloat. The Eire/EU Open Border deadlock will blow that apart. All Corbyn has to do is start campaigning now and the Labour Party will win the next General Election.

Attachment 10717

A Peoples Vote is now looking likely....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45616308

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    A Peoples Vote is now looking likely....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45616308
    No it isn't ..There won't be another vote so stop your fretting and start getting used to being able to rule our own great country and getting rid of the illegal hangers on and leaches that have been sucking us dry for years and also not being told what to do by other foreign countries ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    No it isn't ..There won't be another vote so stop your fretting and start getting used to being able to rule our own great country and getting rid of the illegal hangers on and leaches that have been sucking us dry for years and also not being told what to do by other foreign countries ..
    Alt, please don't be so naïve? The woman who decided to take control of taking us out of the EU was a major campaigner for keeping us in.

Politics is a dirty business and self interest rules supreme. A "Peoples' Vote" is nailed on.

That's the crux of the matter Sinkov, May is still carrying on Cameron's business, and trying to save her own skin at the same time instead of working to instructions from the people of Britain.

The pathetic speech she made when the EU turned up its nose with "her" latest plans, at the end saying the ball is in their court, she's been pissing about for months with this nonsense of saying the EU will have to come up with something, they never have and they never will, time to say goodbye and just leave (Watch them move their arse then), but like we both say Sinkov, she does not want to leave at any cost and probably is worried about her own tenure when she should do what is best for the people regardless, she was a shambles as Home Secretary and is even worse as a PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)