+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T: The Iron Lady

the problem ash is that opinion of her is polarized you loved her or hated her - the falklands got her back in in 83
    but she still returned in 87 with only the memory of the miners strike in peoples minds so she had a lot of support
    and before you ask i was one of the few who where indifferent

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Well now where do I start,as a miner who went back at the end of the strike(a quite overwhelming experience,marching back to work carrying my collieries banner).The woman was a sociopath,she didn't give a fu ck aboot the Falklands but lucky for her the daft Argentinians decided to invade when she was rock bottom in the polls.Have a war a bit of rabble rousing hey presto she waltzes back in,we were ****ing lucky in the Falklands.
    Pboro mackem cites "she allowed my poor mam and dad to buy their council hoose" what not many people realise,and the legislation is still in place..The bill that was passed to allow Pboro mackems parents to buy their house also prevents local authorities from building any??? I wonder why she thought this a necessary amemdment,cos she was a kunt of the highest order..

I decided to visit my sister who lived in Kings Lynn in 1984,I got as far as Ferrybridge and got stopped by the gestappo and was told to turn around,had to go via A19 got there eventually on fumes..

I raised a glass when the meglomaniac died and I listened to this whilst doing it.
    https://tinyurl.com/yd8tgm4r
    My Dad went down the mines aged about 15.
    After three near fatal accidents he joined the RNF aged 17.

A Labour man through and through, ex shop steward, he hates Thatcher.

Yet still says she was a far better leader than any of the current, or previous crop.

It's a genuine question.

Was the country better then, under Thatcher, or now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post

Yet still says she was a far better leader than any of the current, or previous crop.

It's a genuine question.

I just look at the north east and can honestly say I can't remember her doing a great deal for us
    Other parts of the country have and are still benefiting from Tory policies and that blip of a Tory led Labour party
    The only things we ever got were funded by the EU and now that's ower

May as well start the mass migration south

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post

It's a genuine question.

Far far worse off,she decided to close/sell off all of our remaining heavy industries.She actually came out and said our country would now become a service industry..This is on record by the way..

Look at Germany it's more or less run on their steel and car industry(VW being the biggest car manufacturer in the world)
    She just sold everything off to the money grabbing *******s who bought their council houses or shares in BTetc,who then sold their shares to her friends in the big money institutions..
    She fu cked this country over good and proper.

Have a look at what the political hacks of today have to say about her..Robert Peston etc,you may be in for a shock..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    far far worse off,she decided to close/sell off all of our remaining heavy industries.she actually came out and said our country would now become a service industry..this is on record by the way..

Look at germany it's more or less run on their steel and car industry(vw being the biggest car manufacturer in the world)
    she just sold everything off to the money grabbing *******s who bought their council houses or shares in btetc,who then sold their shares to her friends in the big money institutions..
    She fu cked this country over good and proper.

Have a look at what the political hacks of today have to say about her..robert peston etc,you may be in for a shock..
    It is no shock. Anyone could see it coming.

She continued to sell off all of the country's assets just to keep our heads above water and when the money from those sales ran out those following Witcher had to bear the brunt of it.

This country hasn't ever recovered from her bad deals.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 21-09-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It is no shock. Anyone could see it coming.

It might come as a shock though! to those that continually w@nk over her.

There are consultant psychiatrists who have labelled her as a sociopath.

Doh.

Just wrote a great big post, a mission statement on the state of this country at the present time, and it's disappeared.

Don't you just hate that😀

Oh well. I'm off out.

She was a fucking witch.

I started writing about her destroying communities, decimating the manufacturing industry, creating mass unemployment, etc, etc...

...but then I decided calling her a fucking witch was better.

I suppose I was lucky, I wasn't in the country during Maggie's reign. The reason I left the UK was the abominable employment state at the time so I watched the situation from afar. Some of the stuff I saw from the cops was unbelieveable, they were obviously under orders to take no prisoners, surely that must have come from the Thatcher government. I recently watched a program all about the Falklands war and just how lucky we were to come out on top due to a totally botched operation by our generals and sea lords, disgraceful stuff. This isn't my opinion, I'm just stating what I saw in the program but Maggie heaped great glory on herself afterwards, the poor forces got screwed, they were made to look like a bunch of amateurs by the government, I'm certainly glad I wasn't one of them.

Pick the winners out of this lot, not many.

Winston Churchill (1951–55; 2nd time)
    Anthony Eden (1955–57)
    Harold Macmillan (1957–63)
    Alec Douglas-Home (1963–64)
    Harold Wilson (1964–70; 1st time)
    Edward Heath (1970–74)
    Harold Wilson (1974–76; 2nd time)
    James Callaghan (1976–79)
    Margaret Thatcher (1979–90)
    John Major (1990–97)
    Tony Blair (1997–2007)
    Gordon Brown (2007–10)
    David Cameron (2010–16 )
    Theresa May (2016– )

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)