+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T: The Iron Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    What did she do or give poor families Ghost?
    That depends on what you regard as poor families. People have different takes on what poor was and why it was so.
    But having said that. I said she gave in one hand and took away from the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    That depends on what you regard as poor families. People have different takes on what poor was and why it was so.
    In what way?

Not into politics or political arguments, however....

I was in the armed forces when she was prime minister. I was always confident my job was safe, that I would be given a pay rise most years, and that it came to a war, there would be enough of us and equipment to give it a good go.

Country was in a much better state then, than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    many people on the street would love to be locked in a room with basic food
    if his family and he had behaved properly he wouldnt have been there .

she was a great women

had a lot of ****e to sort that the spineless labour and unions wouldnt

people forget she shut less mines and shipyards than they did
    she allowed my mum and dad to buy their house

she got us away from depending and being ruled by unions

those with spines and the desire to better themselves work hard and their families liked her
    those that had depended on hand outs and didnt want to work for what they had or got didnt and thought the world owed them a living as they paid union doos didnt

put the great back into britain
    and phucked up the unions and the bullies
    You always sneer stupidly and dismiss posters who quote stats and facts but you just stated about Thatcher closing less mines and shipyards than Labour.

Yes that is a true fact and stat but here is the twist. Labour closed the ones which were unproductive and in some cases dangerous to work.

Witcher closed them down willynilly out of spite where she thought she could get back at the workforce and unions whether or not they were profitable or runnable and indeed several were reopened by the workers with help from the unions and were run profitably.

What does that tell you about a) economics and b) pettiness and spite rather than reason and commonsense.

In what way?
    In what way, what?

This.What you posted.What did she give in one hand and take away in the other.

How was she the best?Can't just say without explaining.
    She made Britain great again didnt let the unions have whatever they wanted, took no dross from the EU and saved the Falklands, if labour had still been in power they would have handed them to argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    She made Britain great again didnt let the unions have whatever they wanted, took no dross from the EU and saved the Falklands, if labour had still been in power they would have handed them to argentina.
    Maybe some parts of Britain but a lot of communities up here are still suffering
    Let's not generalise to make a point eh?

I think Blair and May have caused more damage to this country than Thatcher ever did.

(Here's me saying I don't do politics).

Well now where do I start,as a miner who went back at the end of the strike(a quite overwhelming experience,marching back to work carrying my collieries banner).The woman was a sociopath,she didn't give a fu ck aboot the Falklands but lucky for her the daft Argentinians decided to invade when she was rock bottom in the polls.Have a war a bit of rabble rousing hey presto she waltzes back in,we were ****ing lucky in the Falklands.
    Pboro mackem cites "she allowed my poor mam and dad to buy their council hoose" what not many people realise,and the legislation is still in place..The bill that was passed to allow Pboro mackems parents to buy their house also prevents local authorities from building any??? I wonder why she thought this a necessary amemdment,cos she was a kunt of the highest order..

I decided to visit my sister who lived in Kings Lynn in 1984,I got as far as Ferrybridge and got stopped by the gestappo and was told to turn around,had to go via A19 got there eventually on fumes..

I raised a glass when the meglomaniac died and I listened to this whilst doing it.
    https://tinyurl.com/yd8tgm4r

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)