+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Tips

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Think your self lucky you had bits of wood. An old rubble sack for a sledge is all we could muster
    Luxury! We had to use our old rubble sacks as clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Couldn't afford bikes in our family. Had to make do with one of those home made carts; bits of wood, odd sized wheels and a rope to steer by. Great days.
    I wandered onto TykesMad a while back where those were being discussed. One thing I'd forgotten was the common practice of using a red hot poker to 'drill' the hole for the steering bolt. Not sure that would pass childcare health and safety scrutiny these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I wandered onto TykesMad a while back where those were being discussed. One thing I'd forgotten was the common practice of using a red hot poker to 'drill' the hole for the steering bolt. Not sure that would pass childcare health and safety scrutiny these days.
    It was probably a "baby-boomer" trend. There were always bits of old prams, pushchairs, pieces of wood lying around in Brinsworth at the time - plus it is quite hilly. Build your trolley and way you go! Never built one myself, but quite a lot of kids did

Get on Christmas Night, runs tonight in 8.45 at Wolverhampton.
    5/2 favourite, trainer reckons he has excellent chance.....I’m on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    Get on Christmas Night, runs tonight in 8.45 at Wolverhampton.
    5/2 favourite, trainer reckons he has excellent chance.....I’m on it.
    came 3rd

Pack it in now lads, I’m £200 down punting on these so called bankers, and don’t get me started on *******

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Pack it in now lads, I’m £200 down punting on these so called bankers, and don’t get me started on *******
    I'm frankly shocked, gm, as I hadn't realised anyone took these MM tips seriously enough to put money on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12