+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Birmingham City ***Matchday Thread***

Lost, but still top with other results. Just need to bounce back Friday. Even though we were beaten we never lost commitment, which would have been more worrying. Roll on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Not wanting to p1ss on anyones chips but the level of expectation that this will be an easy three points is to my mind pretty silly. By all accounts Brum were all over Blunts on Wednesday, hit both posts, forced a couple of excellent saves from Blunts keeper, and Blunts barely had a shot on target. Now I'm not suggesting Blunts are Barcelona but from what I've seen / heard Brum have played some good stuff this season and only poor finishing and / or terrible luck has let them down. Add to that the Monk effect and I'm expecting a really tough game tomorrow, and will gladly take a scrappy 1-0. Some of the comments on here and elsewhere show a level of over-confidence which is completely divorced from reality.
    Good call mate - I said in a post yesterday that this game and the one against the Wendies would tell us a lot - this shower did the double over us last season, and Wednesday have battered us nearly every time at their gaff in recent seasons.

Don't think we where at it today but think the score flattered them - boring negative time wasting tossers!

Bad game for Peacock Farrel - two howlers in my opinion.... that sa9d the closing down before each goal was also pretty abysmal!

Long ways from home at present and saw none of the game, so comments based on stats and some of text "commentary.",

Dominated possession and scoring chances, but failed.to convert. It happens, and will again.

We kept on at them.throughout, in previous seasons going 2 down to soft goals (So everyone says they we're!), we would have capitulated and let another two in, we didn't.

Folks need to get off Alioskis back, just as many (me included) have recognised that Philips and Klich are different players this season. Alioski may get caught offside but he gives it all and sometimes (as with the link today), last seasons performances get a reprise and a result.

We continue to score from all kinds of places and players, the "getting found out" of last season is much less likely (but I recognise it can and will happen, one for Bielsa to earn his keep over)

Sh1t to lose to Monk, but Brums league position is not representative of what they are capable of (and given the basket case of their ownership position, they are doing better than might be expected).

Other results went (mostly) our way, but a timely wake up call to anyone who thought we were untouchable

The possession and shots certainly show that we weren't outplayed. On to Friday night....

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Good call mate - I said in a post yesterday that this game and the one against the Wendies would tell us a lot - this shower did the double over us last season, and Wednesday have battered us nearly every time at their gaff in recent seasons.

Don't think we where at it today but think the score flattered them - boring negative time wasting tossers!

Bad game for Peacock Farrel - two howlers in my opinion.... that sa9d the closing down before each goal was also pretty abysmal!
    I was nervous about this game all week, and it's no consolation that those nerves were well founded. This is probably the first really big indicator of how this season is going to pan out, the first real test for Bielsa - I think the single most important factor for Friday's game is not to concede an early goal, no matter how much Bielsa has changed the approach of this group of players, if we do go a goal down early then there's bound to be a real build up of tension in the team that the same thing is happening again as happened last season after our first defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I was nervous about this game all week, and it's no consolation that those nerves were well founded. This is probably the first really big indicator of how this season is going to pan out, the first real test for Bielsa - I think the single most important factor for Friday's game is not to concede an early goal, no matter how much Bielsa has changed the approach of this group of players, if we do go a goal down early then there's bound to be a real build up of tension in the team that the same thing is happening again as happened last season after our first defeat.
    I believe your outlook is too bleak Taff. We lost a game, it happens in football, especially The Championship and I don't understand how is this Bielsa's first real test? We have played most of the favourites to get promoted, we've played Millwall away. We've lost a few of our first team players and are still impressive at times.

You can see the difference in the team from last season, we don't capitulate when things aren't going our way and when we go a goal down.

Might be the same core of players that we had last season but Bielsa and his staff have changed the whole concept at ER of football. Not just the style and flow of the game but also in the way the players react when challenged.

Sorry mate, I'm not too worried at the moment.

ALAW, MOT

If we average 2 points per game then we will be there or thereabouts come squeaky bum time

spot on Fred.

i had a feeling the monkfish factor would come into it, unfortunately it did, alioski scored a great goal but just too little too late, now lets ruffle the owls feathers and bring 3 points back to Elland Road

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Long ways from home at present and saw none of the game, so comments based on stats and some of text "commentary.",

Dominated possession and scoring chances, but failed.to convert. It happens, and will again.

We kept on at them.throughout, in previous seasons going 2 down to soft goals (So everyone says they we're!), we would have capitulated and let another two in, we didn't.

Folks need to get off Alioskis back, just as many (me included) have recognised that Philips and Klich are different players this season. Alioski may get caught offside but he gives it all and sometimes (as with the link today), last seasons performances get a reprise and a result.

We continue to score from all kinds of places and players, the "getting found out" of last season is much less likely (but I recognise it can and will happen, one for Bielsa to earn his keep over)

Sh1t to lose to Monk, but Brums league position is not representative of what they are capable of (and given the basket case of their ownership position, they are doing better than might be expected).

Other results went (mostly) our way, but a timely wake up call to anyone who thought we were untouchable
    Where are you fella?
    Brazil? Venuzuela? Cuba perhaps?
    You need to get back and give a bit of support to struggling Eastleigh!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)