+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Birmingham City ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Birmingham City ***Matchday Thread***

Championship leaders Leeds United are likely to be unchanged for their home game against winless Birmingham City.

Midfielder Pablo Hernandez (hamstring), defender Gaetano Berardi (knee) and strikers Kemar Roofe (calf) and Patrick Bamford (knee) are all still out.

Former Leeds boss Garry Monk returns to Elland Road for the first time in charge of Birmingham, having*lost there with Middlesbrough*last season.

Monk hopes to have midfielders Maikel Kieftenbeld and Craig Gardner fit.

Kieftenbeld missed Wednesday night's goalless draw at Sheffield United, while Gardner has been sidelined for the last two matches.

But Monk could opt to keep faith with Charlie Lakin, who made his first start for the club in midweek.

Match facts

Leeds have won only two of their last eight home matches against Birmingham City in all competitions.

Birmingham have not won consecutive league matches against Leeds since winning five in a row between February 2007 and April 2013.

For the 13th consecutive league meeting between Leeds and Birmingham at Elland Road, the hosts will have a different manager in charge - Bremner, Wilkinson, Venables, Reid, Carver, Grayson, Warnock, McDermott, Redfearn, Rosler, Monk, Christiansen and Bielsa.Birmingham have won one of their last 23 Saturday away matches in all competitions.

Leeds are looking to remain unbeaten in their first nine games of a league campaign for the first time since the 2009-10 League One season.

2 - 0 to us.

MOT.

Leeds 2--1

Not wanting to p1ss on anyones chips but the level of expectation that this will be an easy three points is to my mind pretty silly. By all accounts Brum were all over Blunts on Wednesday, hit both posts, forced a couple of excellent saves from Blunts keeper, and Blunts barely had a shot on target. Now I'm not suggesting Blunts are Barcelona but from what I've seen / heard Brum have played some good stuff this season and only poor finishing and / or terrible luck has let them down. Add to that the Monk effect and I'm expecting a really tough game tomorrow, and will gladly take a scrappy 1-0. Some of the comments on here and elsewhere show a level of over-confidence which is completely divorced from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Not wanting to p1ss on anyones chips but the level of expectation that this will be an easy three points is to my mind pretty silly. By all accounts Brum were all over Blunts on Wednesday, hit both posts, forced a couple of excellent saves from Blunts keeper, and Blunts barely had a shot on target. Now I'm not suggesting Blunts are Barcelona but from what I've seen / heard Brum have played some good stuff this season and only poor finishing and / or terrible luck has let them down. Add to that the Monk effect and I'm expecting a really tough game tomorrow, and will gladly take a scrappy 1-0. Some of the comments on here and elsewhere show a level of over-confidence which is completely divorced from reality.
    I think from previous experience everyone knows it could go tits up spectacularly Taff. Personally, im enjoying a bit of over confidence whilst i have the chance. Hasn't come that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I think from previous experience everyone knows it could go tits up spectacularly Taff. Personally, im enjoying a bit of over confidence whilst i have the chance. Hasn't come that often.
    Yeah fair play, I have to admit I'm really struggling to relax and enjoy it, I know I should cos it might not last, but I guess I'm finding it hard to leave behind the last 15 years, (or the '80s for that matter.....)

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Yeah fair play, I have to admit I'm really struggling to relax and enjoy it, I know I should cos it might not last, but I guess I'm finding it hard to leave behind the last 15 years, (or the '80s for that matter.....)
    MOT mate. We are Leeds.

Well copied and pasted from the bbc sports website Andy ..... glad you put alot of thought into it !!

some people have to work for a living as Andy does, life would be easier if all you had to think about from week to week is what to write for the intro on the matchday thread and picking up your giro. i for one am happy with Andy`s contribution on here, i`d suggest if you dont think its good enough, apply for the job.tool.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Well copied and pasted from the bbc sports website Andy ..... glad you put alot of thought into it !!
    Looks like another valuable contributor......��

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Looks like another valuable contributor......��
    Yes,but Im surprised that Andy knows How to copy and paste..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)