+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gleeson

Gleeson

Since the Forrester thread has turned towards Gleeson I have now started this one to differentiate between the two.
    My opinion doesn’t change though and this is another joker I would show the door in January. A modern day professional footballer looking like he is unfit (see the Forrester thread for a picture) and playing like he is unfit is not the type we need. Our manager doesn’t even really rate him and continually subs him if he starts a match.
    A bad signing unfortunately but we must replace these type of players if we want to improve.

I had some sympathy for the lad yesterday after he cheaply gave the ball away for the St.Mirren goal. When you are not having a positive impact upon the team everything seems to go against you and unfortunately that was the case for him yesterday. It takes a strong character to come through and change things to benefit yourself and the team. For all the criticism I give him I don’t ever want to see a player fail but he is making it hard for himself at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I had some sympathy for the lad yesterday after he cheaply gave the ball away for the St.Mirren goal. When you are not having a positive impact upon the team everything seems to go against you and unfortunately that was the case for him yesterday. It takes a strong character to come through and change things to benefit yourself and the team. For all the criticism I give him I don’t ever want to see a player fail but he is making it hard for himself at the moment.
    In the games I have seen him play he is basically the same type of player Ryan Jack used to be for us.

Slows the play right down and only makes 5 yard passes either sideways or backwards,Jack used to get praised for it but Gleeson gets slaughtered for it.

The only other difference between him and Jack is if Ryan Jack had a brain fart moment like Gleeson did yesterday Jack would still be in the team the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    In the games I have seen him play he is basically the same type of player Ryan Jack used to be for us.

Slows the play right down and only makes 5 yard passes either sideways or backwards,Jack used to get praised for it but Gleeson gets slaughtered for it.

The only other difference between him and Jack is if Ryan Jack had a brain fart moment like Gleeson did yesterday Jack would still be in the team the following week.
    Ryan Jack is a far better player than Stephen Gleeson.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Ryan Jack is a far better player than Stephen Gleeson.
    I don’t think he is.

I don’t think he is.
    I think I might be better than Stephen Gleeson.

I am a better person than Ryan Jack

I don’t know you personally but if you are better than Gleeson I would be surprised,I slate Considine all the time but I can guarantee he is a better football player than I am,still doesn’t say much for him but never mind.

Back to the subject I recall Ryan Jack doing the same thing Gleeson did yesterday at least twice,he done the same thing against his new club in 2017 when we lost 0-3 and done something similar against St Johnstone a few years before that.

Just to be clear I’m not saying Gleeson is good enough for us,I’m just saying Ryan Jack wasn’t either and the only difference is he never got dropped when he made a mistake,because he was a DM favourite.

I don’t know you personally but if you are better than Gleeson I would be surprised,I slate Considine all the time but I can guarantee he is a better football player than I am,still doesn’t say much for him but never mind.

Back to the subject I recall Ryan Jack doing the same thing Gleeson did yesterday at least twice,he done the same thing against his new club in 2017 when we lost 0-3 and done something similar against St Johnstone a few years before that.

Just to be clear I’m not saying Gleeson is good enough for us,I’m just saying Ryan Jack wasn’t either and the only difference is he never got dropped when he made a mistake,because he was a DM favourite.
    Hate to say it but the rat is much better than gleeson,cant see what gleeson brings to our team im afraid,when you see the rat play for sevco and especially against us he's been one of the better players on the park,can you say that about gleeson so far...? Pains me to say it but the rat is a superior player im afraid

The rat faced c**t has been MOTM on his last two visits to Pittodrie?
    Well until
    1) getting sent off
    2) going off injured.

I’ll bet you if DM was asked privately he’d rather have ray faced c**t than Gleeson

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast