+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Boring

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Give me boring.
    The political threads are poison to this site, it boils down to around four posters slagging each other off. No minds changed, no pearls of wisdom or witty insights just page after page of sludge and entrenchment.
    Couldn't agree more, no one knows what the outcome will be.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Give me boring.
    The political threads are poison to this site, it boils down to around four posters slagging each other off. No minds changed, no pearls of wisdom or witty insights just page after page of sludge and entrenchment.
    Unfortunately the same half dozen posters obviously really enjoy arguing around in circles & achieving or proving nothing, sadly with the current lack of Mods this will no doubt turn into the usual childish slanging match. I am not normally a betting man but wouldn't mind a few quid that when HQ pull the plug on this forum it is over a post on a political OT thread, enjoy your bickering while you can people.

Used to love the fact that in the old 'Yellow Pages' under the heading 'Boring' it simply said 'see Civil Engineers'

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Used to love the fact that in the old 'Yellow Pages' under the heading 'Boring' it simply said 'see Civil Engineers'
    Whoooaaa! Steady on! I thought we put that one to bed fairly and squarely a few weeks ago.

I'll have you know just today (yes Saturday here in NZ, THAT'S how interesting Civil Engineering is), I was designing a geogrid reinforced gravel raft over silty sand that is liquefiable down to at least 5mBGL. There, see?

Oh, and if we're back on the O/T stuff, BFP is an arsehole.

Cheers.
    Last edited by AltyPie; 22-09-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Made geological description more accurate for all my fans.

Quote Originally Posted by altypie View Post
    whoooaaa! Steady on! I thought we put that one to bed fairly and squarely a few weeks ago.

I'll have you know just today (yes saturday here in nz, that's how interesting civil engineering is), i was designing a geogrid reinforced gravel raft over silty sand that is liquefiable down to at least 5mbgl. There, see?

Oh, and if we're back on the o/t stuff, bfp is an arsehole.

Cheers.
    Sorry couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Unfortunately the same half dozen posters obviously really enjoy arguing around in circles & achieving or proving nothing, sadly with the current lack of Mods this will no doubt turn into the usual childish slanging match. I am not normally a betting man but wouldn't mind a few quid that when HQ pull the plug on this forum it is over a post on a political OT thread, enjoy your bickering while you can people.
    Just kick back and play Brexit thread bingo. We've already had:

X should be done for treason

X should be shot

Invoking the spirit of the Battle of Britain

I just need a cruel and unusual punishment for Anna Soubry, Juncker is Nazi, and a reference to the EUSSR and I've got a full house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Not so much in part as in whole. He had to head off UKIP and gambled on there being a Remain vote. What he didn't count on was Labour voters like me voting Leave to get rid of him. Not just that, but his renegotiated settlement with the EU was a joke. He performed almost as badly as Theresa May in his negotiations with them. Right now though, much as though she is utterly useless, I almost feel sorry for her, and certainly the EU bullies have gone too far this time.

Pretty much as I remember events at the time. Scratch the bit about feeling sorry for Maybot tho. Govs with small majorities (not surprisingly), always seem to turn out to be a poisoned chalice. Major? Callaghan? Maybot?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Just kick back and play Brexit thread bingo. We've already had:

X should be done for treason

X should be shot

Invoking the spirit of the Battle of Britain

I just need a cruel and unusual punishment for Anna Soubry, Juncker is Nazi, and a reference to the EUSSR and I've got a full house.
    You missed 'anti-Semitic Corbyn'. Not sure what it's relevance to Brexit is, but it never fails to appear on these threads.

I'm guessing you won't hear "things seem to be going very well, we look like negotiating a really good deal".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    'anti-Semitic Corbyn'
    That's a topic worthy of a whole thread in itself IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    EVS The New Indian Immigrants (fav)

5-4 The European Union

3-1 The Mainstream Media

7-1 A Politician

5,000,000-1 Themselves
    Don't forget the Metropolitan Liberal Elite.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast