+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Man.Utd v Wolves Matchday Thread

Traore!! $hit could have won it.

Final whistle. Well done you Wanderers.

1-1 FT

Wonderful result!!!

Tenth in the Premier League tonight, sounds good to me. Looking forward to match of the day.

What more can I say that hasn't already been said by my fellow Wolfies. Superlatives escape me, but I'm so very proud of what we managed to achieve in the cauldron at Old Trafford tonight. Yes, United, heaped on the pressure during the final 20 minutes or so and they may even believe they did enough to win it, but in truth Wolves deserved to get something from this, and get it they did. Helder and Jota played like men possessed and at times made United's defence look rather ordinary (which they ain't). Nuno for President !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    What more can I say that hasn't already been said by my fellow Wolfies. Superlatives escape me, but I'm so very proud of what we managed to achieve in the cauldron at Old Trafford tonight. Yes, United, heaped on the pressure during the final 20 minutes or so and they may even believe they did enough to win it, but in truth Wolves deserved to get something from this, and get it they did. Helder and Jota played like men possessed and at times made United's defence look rather ordinary (which they ain't). Nuno for President !!!
    Let us just keep him as manager please.

Another excellent performance from a Wolves side that made Man.Utd look bang average. As with the Burnley game, Costa and Jota are getting better and better. It was just disappointing to go a goal down after Wolves forced De into making two decent saves. It was great to see Moutinho's equaliser, quality finish.

One thing about Wolves this season is that no matter who the opposition has been, they stick to their game plan and passing game. People are starting to take notice. Wolves aren't just in the premier league to make up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Another excellent performance from a Wolves side that made Man.Utd look bang average. As with the Burnley game, Costa and Jota are getting better and better. It was just disappointing to go a goal down after Wolves forced De into making two decent saves. It was great to see Moutinho's equaliser, quality finish.

One thing about Wolves this season is that no matter who the opposition has been, they stick to their game plan and passing game. People are starting to take notice. Wolves aren't just in the premier league to make up the numbers.
    Moutinho was a great purchase to help the younger players through the big games, massive result, they must be feeling like they can take anyone on at the moment...

Interesting to read many media reports this morning, with the general theme being that 'Manchester United were below par'. Typical, could it not have been due to the fact that Wolves played very well, and only allowed United to play as well as they did.

I suppose it is going to take time for people to sit up and take notice that we are in the Premier League to stay. Not only to stay, but to ruffle a few feathers along the way.

I noticed on the Sandwell board that they have been running a topic on one or more Wolves (dingle) supporters giving it large on WM radio. The 'Baggies' have written us off, claiming that one or two of our players may make their bench. Deluded or what? At least one or two of the more sensible posters have admitted that we are playing some good stuff.

I visited 'The Red Cafe" the primary Utd board and in all fairness most of the posters gave us our due for the way we played. Of course there were a couple of nutters giving us $hit but you get them everywhere.

Here in the US we only got to see the last three mins of added time [they called it bonus coverage!]. However it was enough to highlight a couple of typical Traore contributions, blinding pace and movement but very poor decision making and finishing. lets face it he could have won it for us, twice! Although to be fair he did win it at the hammers for us. If Nuno get smooth the rough edges off him he will be a killer weapon for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Interesting to read many media reports this morning, with the general theme being that 'Manchester United were below par'. Typical, could it not have been due to the fact that Wolves played very well, and only allowed United to play as well as they did.
    Abbo, IMHO, long may they think that XXXX has played below par and that they don't recognise us a footballing force - they'll know by the end of this season, just how good we are / were.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)