+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McDonald on Csaba

Comment from a falkirk fan on pnb...

"Two pretty rotten teams and could have gone either way but United fans might ultimately regret that win as I’ve rarely witnessed such disharmony amongst players and a manager. 3 times in the 1st half Shabba shouted at players & 3 times they told him to “shut the f**k up!” Aird in particular had several heated exchanges. At least gave me something to watch rather than the dire football."

One from a fellow Arab from same site, hope he doesn't mind me quoting him but feel it sums things up perfectly

A pretty bizarre situation we find ourselves in so far.
    This league is there for the taking certainly, but there are probably at least 6 teams thinking the exact same thing.
    Our recruitment over the last couple of seasons means that we have a squad of players good enough to win games in spite of Lazlo, as evidenced by the apparent lack of respect between the bench and the pitch yesterday. If we are to win this league it will be through our defence, we have scored in every game this season despite being below par overall, that’s also been done in large parts without a striker who scored 20+ goals last season and at least one or two of our best creative forces in midfield. I know we haven’t been up against the top two and county yet, but we’ve not conceded more than one goal a game in the league since the opening game. If we can turn the majority of those into clean sheets we have a real chance of doing something, which is why I’m encouraged by yesterday, and the performance of bouhenna in particular, meaning that we could potentially have 3, at the very worst, largely solid central defenders.
    Because of the above, I’m about as optimistic as I have been since we went down, but that’s tempered with huge frustration at the fact that it’s probably going to keep Lazlo in charge, presiding over a level of inconsistency this season that I think a half decent manager coming in could eliminate.
    In short, being a United fan is ****ing frustrating.

I think we all get it Shedders, WE WILL HAVE TO GET PROMOTED DESPITE LAZLO.
    You reminded us a hundred times last week & now you've taken to quoting others to bore us to death.
    WE WILL HAVE TO GET PROMOTED DESPITE LAZLO.
    We all get it.
    Hope you've got over y'day's win.

Guys. But late catching up with this thread but just wanted to add we are well rid of that wee Aussie wage thief. Saw him in the Justinlees pub in Dalkeith with his agent the Monday before he signed for us and he was laying down to the guy what he was prepared to accept and no less. Watched last season's first League Cup game at Dens on BT when just back off holidays. Panel were commenting on McDonald's signing and Craigan was stressing he would be a good addition on the park. Darrell Currie then said 'And no doubt in the dressing room as well' to which Craigan curtly replied 'On the park'. End of. Turned out to be very prophetic.

Settle down sweetie

Delighted with three pts, and yes for now we get the odd win in spite of him, unless we begin to show real form that suggests otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Comment from a falkirk fan on pnb...

"Two pretty rotten teams and could have gone either way but United fans might ultimately regret that win as I’ve rarely witnessed such disharmony amongst players and a manager. 3 times in the 1st half Shabba shouted at players & 3 times they told him to “shut the f**k up!” Aird in particular had several heated exchanges. At least gave me something to watch rather than the dire football."
    Noticed Watson calling Shabba over early in the first half and wasnt sure if it was something Paul noticed in the game, or if he was telling Shabba to lay off. Second half it was Ellis who was out passing on messages more from what i noticed.

Whatever Shabba is shouting at them, i was happy to see there are a few leaders in the squad, Watson, Safranko and Frans that were helping people out. As much as Rakovan had an average game, he didnt miss the Rabbit near the end for whatever mistake he had made!

Perhaps we can gel as a unit despite Lazlo. I never noticed anything abnormal y'day but some are saying that there were worse vibes than usual from the dugout. Do you think the players might say, yeah, we know what it is, let's get on with it & make the situation a positive one, let him rant but let's go out & we'll manage ourselves. Slight evidence of that y'day?

Agree Chick and Bouhenna is beginning to marshall as well. If Loemba takes the huff being told to come back thats his issue not Laszlos. The boy looks volatile so having pep talks on pitch exactly what is needed. Wingers often like that and hot and cold. I doubt Watson would be telling laszlo to lay off - probably wore WTF are you shouting about

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Perhaps we can gel as a unit despite Lazlo. I never noticed anything abnormal y'day but some are saying that there were worse vibes than usual from the dugout. Do you think the players might say, yeah, we know what it is, let's get on with it & make the situation a positive one, let him rant but let's go out & we'll manage ourselves. Slight evidence of that y'day?
    I noticed some abnormal. We started to look like a team, early days but characters developing in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Noticed Watson calling Shabba over early in the first half and wasnt sure if it was something Paul noticed in the game, or if he was telling Shabba to lay off. Second half it was Ellis who was out passing on messages more from what i noticed.

Whatever Shabba is shouting at them, i was happy to see there are a few leaders in the squad, Watson, Safranko and Frans that were helping people out. As much as Rakovan had an average game, he didnt miss the Rabbit near the end for whatever mistake he had made!
    Kind of what I'm alluding to Chic.

On your other point I did notice Rak having a go at somebody after a play near the end, was it Rabbit? Anyway I was impressed with his passion & btw a couple of posters have suggested he wasn't at his best but I didn't see much wrong with his shutout and I would have given him a healthy 7. Rabbit too is not the worst defensive mid we've had in the last 2/3 seasons. My motm was between Bouhenna & the mercurial Loemba with Robson showing signs of my controversial belief in him.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)