+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Scott McDonald on Csaba

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Cheers mate - saw it on Countdown.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Of course.

Never miss a home games.

Will you be there?

I will be GF Lower

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If he attains objective one, then i will be happy, but the evidence does not stand up for now. 2 wins and a draw is what he needs then lets see what his next target is.

Next few games are against the stronger teams in the league

Happy with a win but we will win the odd game in this division regardless of anything else due to the size of our club, budget and how average the division is, we need to be winning 60-70% (5-6 wins every quarter) and staying close orr on 18 pts a quarter, that is what should be expected, that gives a real chance of 1st

Laszlo needs to show he can sustain some form in this league and these games will show that, otherwise he must go, just now at 50% win ratio with 11 pts from 6 games so just about on target

Incidentally, Our first season down under Ray we were 1st at the half way point (18 games) ahead of hibs with 11 wins 5 draws 2 defeats 38 pts (just above the 18pts per quarter target) ... unfortunately a poor jan window and post Christmas slump (awful away form). messed it up a lot

No idea how much to believe ref Scott McDonald, definitely something to it, but gut feeling is to side with Csaba on this. No player should undermine the manager. I was surprised and really pleased to see Fraser Fyvie getting the captains armband because it means Csaba has faith in him to lead the team and Fyvie presumably repays that faith in the dressing room and on the park.

If you look at Shabba on the touchline, i agree he does have a tendency to look a bit bonkers! But he seemingly caused some of the unrest in the dressing room early in his tenure. There is a big indicator that he did have some players who played for him such as Murdoch, Fyvie, Stanton and King, but until all of them get back, i think he will look very disconnected from the squad.

More excuses from Csaba, tiresome

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...-football/amp/

But he's right.

But he's right.
    He is right, it's not easy being in any job when you're p1ss poor at said job.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    He is right, it's not easy being in any job when you're p1ss poor at said job.
    That's not what he said.

But he's right.
    He made 2 main statements - united is hardest job in Scotland and that we don’t have a bigger budget than other clubs

Dundee united job is not the hardest job in Scottish football.

At sevco or Celtic the requirement and extreme pressure to win matches and talk sense would mean csaba would last a max of about 5 games.

At the other end do you think csaba could do a job keeping a team without s budget like Alloa or Dumbarton in the league or do what Hopkin did at Livi?

His other statement was that we don’t have a bigger budget than other clubs in the main. I don’t know if that is true for our division. I would hope we have bigger budget than other championship clubs but I don’t know

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)