+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Nottingham Forestv The Miller

MillersMad Matchthread - Nottingham Forestv The Miller

Well we're back to the proper ups and downs of being Millers! From waking up with a smile on the Sunday morning after beating Derbyto going to bed with a sense of how can we compete at this level after the loss at Villa.

Today is one of those which I think can go either way. Not because this game never stops amazing me with results going one way or another unexpectedly or that we're due an away win because it's the law of averages. No it's because I think that Warne is going to go for it from the off today! I reckon that he's going to play two up front and try and get something by attacking. And why not? We were shell shocked at Brentford, Held out at Leeds but eventually the pressure was too much then were unluck at Wigan not to get a point but again eventually caved in and conceded. The one thing in common with our away league games is one of misery and above that is the lack of goals. We'veonly scored one goal away from home yet in the league and that wa when we were five down! There can't be many more teams that have done that in ll levels of football!

We can't keep defending for 70 minutes go behind and then, only then change to 4-4-2 and go for it. We create chances in the last 20 minutes because we go for it and because we have to! Normally the oposition then put on an additional defender or two and block us out!

It may be suicide to go for it from the off but how are we going to get any results the way we've been playing? By a sneaky goal late in the game after holding them out for 89 minutes? It's not going to happen enough for us to have a chance of surviving.

I believe that the time has come to attack more in the games!

Give our fans who travell the many miles to watch the games a goal!

Let's get into them and spoil their afternoon!

Good afternoon froglet. I truly believe in all you say but Warne will be Warne and dare not gamble, unless we're losing with 15 to go.

I cannot fathom why he soley relates to the Brentford debacle as an example why we don't play 4-4-2. That was our first game of the season, a one off. Team not settled? Wrong team selected? Whatever, but the fact remains he reflects on that game over and over and it's got to stop.

Of late I feel Smith, as much as he's been the sole man up front and you have to feel for him for that, should start on the bench today with Vassell and Proctor up front and Newell if fit to start. Proctor brings power and strength to the side as shown against Villa. He needs a start not 15- 20 minutes a game or how else does he get up to full match fitness?

Do not start or play Taylor and look to offload him in January as he now brings nothing to the side at this level. Cruel statement but factual.

Like the look of the midfield and especially now Towell is back (cut the wayward shots out) as he makes the rest in the middle raise their game to match his fitness levels.

Come on Paul Warne you've boasted of change now show it! Be brave it won't always end in a hiding playing 4-4-2.
    Last edited by Brin; 22-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.

TEAM: Rodak, Jones, Ajayi, Wood, Mattock; Vassell, Vaulks, Towell, Manning, Williams, Proctor.

SUBS: Price, Vyner, Forde, Palmer, Wiles, Taylor, Smith.

Afternoon all, yes it's strange how Warne sets up and there has been games where we have been very ineffective in attack which from a fans perspective it isn't very entertaining to watch and I agree we need to attack more or be a bit more positive from the off.

I was listening to an interview last week from Chris Wilder and he was saying how important the first goal is in the championship which is an option echoed by many other managers in this league. So why don't we go out and try to get that elusive first goal and then try and protect it.

A Derby performance should be what we aspire to every week and I am sure there wouldn't be to many questions asked from the fans if that type of performance was delivered.

Come on you reds
    UTM

The times we have scored first we have gone on to win without conceding Kev.

You're right Brin old lad. He's giving Smith a rest and Proctor is in to replace him

Still 4-5-1 by the looks unless Vassell sarts along side Proctor. If Proctor is on his own I think he'll be less effective than Smith was

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You're right Brin old lad. He's giving Smith a rest and Proctor is in to replace him

Still 4-5-1 by the looks unless Vassell sarts along side Proctor. If Proctor is on his own I think he'll be less effective than Smith was
    Frog I'd like to say I've had Warne on the phone to put him right but alas not. I also don't want to say 'I told you so" but something had to give, as we simply cannot carry this monkey of away defeats on our backs throughout this season.

It is now on Proctor's shoulders to show why he warrants the start today. Also glad to see Billy Jones given a start as this man has a lot to offer and simply looks a very gifted and solid defensive player.

Here's to us taking a point which I'm sure we'd all accept today. A win would be absolutely amazing!
    Last edited by Brin; 22-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Sounds like a scrappy game , which I think suits us more. Not much happening in either penalty box.

Free kick to millers, Manning to take it. Cleared and millers get a second corner. Manning again to take it, Vaulks with header which goes out for goal kick.

Afternoon all from a very hot Spain

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast