+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Northampton Town 22/9/18

That has to be one of the worst games of football I’ve seen in a long time and there’s been a lot of sh**e,
    After last weeks game there were lots of positives and I was expecting more of the same, it does make you wonder
    what the hell they do during the week ��

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    That has to be one of the worst games of football I’ve seen in a long time and there’s been a lot of sh**e,
    After last weeks game there were lots of positives and I was expecting more of the same, it does make you wonder
    I alluded to watching a tin of gloss drying nicely on the kitchen cupboards at half-time........it livened up a bit in the 2nd, though I suspect the object of today's game was "safety first".....not a game for the thrill-seekers though, I agree

probably working on not conceding 3 goals

It wasn't.

Certainly not the best game, but with the current position of the two clubs it was somewhat expected.

Northampton manager said it was worst refereeing display of the season - called it inept. He also said there are positives from the game - particularly the clean sheet.

If we are relegation fodder (and I don't think we are!), certainly Northampton are - terrible home performance imo.

We kept a clean sheet, that'll do for me at present. We'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The clean sheet is what win titles and the build from the back is the key fundamental to any successful side in football.

For us this season a clean sheet has been a galaxy away so it’s a massive achievement, and cannot be underestimated from a side that have had more holes in its hull than the titanic.

I’m not bothered about the performance, or whether it was ugly but it’s the best result for me since the opening day.

The bonus is that we have moved off the bottom of the table as well so it’s baby steps.

I hope the back four can stay the same for the next game and we can build on this and get our first win of the season at home because we do have goals in this side.

Onwards and upwards as someone once said.

Just think - two games unbeaten!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Is fitness going to be the difference? we looked finished with 15 minutes left against Stevenage
    Remind me - who were we playing today?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Remind me - who were we playing today?
    Not sure what your point is?

Excellent display from Fitz and great to get a clean sheet but we were totally lacking in creativity and Stead puts some of the other players to shame with his efforts...Cobblers were poor and thankfully their finishing was wayward so even though we got an away point I was less than impressed

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast