+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let’s hope

Firm I work for is really good for training, we've done first aid training with Mines Rescue and I recently went on a 3 day course run by the British Red Cross. Both really well run,worthwhile courses and not all that expensive. The Red Cross courses are run at that hotel at Wath Manvers and at the hotel opposite Xscape at Castleford. Anybody interested just go on the Red Cross website.

Since the course we've persuaded our directors to install defibrillators at all sites. You can either buy them or there are firms now who will provide training and maintenance if you hire them(like us) for just £1 a week. Nowt when you think it could save someones life.Dead easy to use,they tell you what to do. I'd advocate anyone to do the course and mention to their employers or safety rep that these life savers can be installed for peanuts.

I wasn't at the game today,bin working away last few weeks,you could even say I'd been exiled. Hope the bloke is ok and we see him back at Oakwell soon.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A sizeable donation from the owners wouldn't be a bad idea either .
    I would hope so too , unfortunate circumstances , but hopefully the Air Ambulance service will get a quite substantial donation from us all after today's events, God Bless Them , I Admire and Appreciate the work they do immensely

Ironic really that they were demonstrating and practicing CPR under the east Stand today.
    Defribs should be everywhere. Marvellous things

I send sincere best wishes to the individual who was taken to Hospital and i hope he/she meks a full recovery.I agree totally football is nowt when summat like this happens,well done to the emergency services.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Firm I work for is really good for training, we've done first aid training with Mines Rescue and I recently went on a 3 day course run by the British Red Cross. Both really well run,worthwhile courses and not all that expensive. The Red Cross courses are run at that hotel at Wath Manvers and at the hotel opposite Xscape at Castleford. Anybody interested just go on the Red Cross website.

Since the course we've persuaded our directors to install defibrillators at all sites. You can either buy them or there are firms now who will provide training and maintenance if you hire them(like us) for just £1 a week. Nowt when you think it could save someones life.Dead easy to use,they tell you what to do. I'd advocate anyone to do the course and mention to their employers or safety rep that these life savers can be installed for peanuts.

I wasn't at the game today,bin working away last few weeks,you could even say I'd been exiled. Hope the bloke is ok and we see him back at Oakwell soon.
    Good post red flagged and I totally agree .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I would hope so too , unfortunate circumstances , but hopefully the Air Ambulance service will get a quite substantial donation from us all after today's events, God Bless Them , I Admire and Appreciate the work they do immensely
    Enough brass down the back of their collective arm chairs to keep the Yorkshire Ambulance Service running for a year .

Get 100k a piece thrown in and make a reight difference .

Some great response tonight , good posts from RF and mi owd Mate Rod , much appreciated by all concerned I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Enough brass down the back of their collective arm chairs to keep the Yorkshire Ambulance Service running for a year .

Get 100k a piece thrown in and make a reight difference .
    Agree wi that , it's nowt to them in the long term , Im sure they won't need prompting will they ?

Agree wi that , it's nowt to them in the long term , Im sure they won't need prompting will they ?
    Well I'd like to think not .

Let's all hope and pray he makes a full recovery :, if it is the chap ? Who sorts the Mascots etc out , he is a Top Bloke , he spends a lot of time making it a great day for the kids ( voluntary too i think )
    Maybe a good idea when the match is re arranged , for a collection for the Great Service the Air Ambulance and all the staff, it's a service that needs funds to keep operational , Top Class xx
    Absolutely mate👍
    Like very much

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast