+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: enjoy being out of the relegation zone for a week or so

Brian the Blade backing me up

Calm down everyone and understand a fundamental truth. Warne is a decent man and a fitness coach. Where the team he manages is better than or as good as most of the other teams in a particular division he can be an effective football manager. But he lacks the necessary inspirational qualities to motivate a team of underdogs to believe they can compete. Sorry to upset people but it's the truth. He lacks the psychological dimension necessary for a manager of a team trying to punch above its weight. His negativity oozes out and infects evryone. He doesn't believe and so the team don't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Calm down everyone and understand a fundamental truth. Warne is a decent man and a fitness coach. Where the team he manages is better than or as good as most of the other teams in a particular division he can be an effective football manager. But he lacks the necessary inspirational qualities to motivate a team of underdogs to believe they can compete. Sorry to upset people but it's the truth. He lacks the psychological dimension necessary for a manager of a team trying to punch above its weight. His negativity oozes out and infects evryone. He doesn't believe and so the team don't believe.
    I don't think any other manager would get more out of these players than Paul Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Sorry to upset people but it's the truth.
    No it isn't, It's just your opinion.

Not upset by your opinions, but i think the main thing that PW lacks is a competitive budget. We are just too small for this division.

bang on jock

If we can beat Derby who were in the play off positions, why can't we beat Stoke at home? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieCobbler View Post
    If we can beat Derby who were in the play off positions, why can't we beat Stoke at home? What am I missing?
    Each away game in which we fail to pick up a point away from home , the pressure to win our home games increases.

Warne's plucky but modestly talented bunch will crack under that pressure soon enough.

At some stage we will miss our step at home and then we will plummet. We will soon be in the anxiety performance spiral.

Don't agree. We'll beat Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I don't think any other manager would get more out of these players than Paul Warne.
    Neil Warnock?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast