+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v the Cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    They don't make sense...

Can a goalkeeper that keeps a clean sheet score 5.5 out of 10? What does he have to do to get 10 out of 10?
    He had an outstanding game and thoroughly deserved tha applause at the end.. I would give him 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He had an outstanding game and thoroughly deserved tha applause at the end.. I would give him 10/10

He never put a foot wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Agreed. Tarkers ratings are a bit on the mean side.
    I suppose it depends what his benchmark is. Whenever I do these ratings I always use 6/10 as being a standard, acceptable performance in that the player basically did what he was there to do. My rating of 5 is a bit under par, 7 is a bit over par, and 8 or more means a good to very good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I suppose it depends what his benchmark is. Whenever I do these ratings I always use 6/10 as being a standard, acceptable performance in that the player basically did what he was there to do. My rating of 5 is a bit under par, 7 is a bit over par, and 8 or more means a good to very good game.
    This..6 as an average

Those ratings don't seem to match the accompanying comments at all to me

None of the players deserved better than a 5.5, as none of the players were better than average ie a 5.

On a scale of 0 to 10, zero being an abject failure and 10 being stella superstar.....our performance today was "average" at best ie a 4 for Tootle and Hewey and 4 players on 5.5.

Why didn't I score my joint MOM, Fitz, higher than 5.5?.......he ran out to collect a through-ball, had a misunderstanding with the covering Notts back, and almost ended up handling it outside the box....he also tried to launch the ball upfield and ending up hitting their attacker up the arse, again!....and on a third occasion he collected the ball, took 2 steps and dropped it again at the feet of a Cobblers player, and had to drop on a ball that he had already safely gathered!

Having said all that, he was a huge improvement on the last 5 or 6 games and I marked him accordingly.....Charlie and Stall put it more succinctly than myself "Fitz had a much better game, but the saves, and the punch, were saves that any competent keeper should be making"

Harsh marking I think Tarquin, any way it's all about opinions innit

Fitz 7.5 clean sheet, came out for a couple, spilled nothing and one very good save. Pleased for him and so were the fans who gave him a special cheer at the end.

Tootle 7 looked assured to me, no mistakes. Maybe not as attacking as when at his best but where we're at right now I'll take solid.

Turley 7 Agricultural, basic, whatever, you have to go round him, you won't go through him. Played well.

Ward 7 More accomplished than Turley looked quite classy today , hopefully the makings of a partnership.

Evina 5.5 Weakest of the four although was up against their giant MOTM Crooks. I would like to see him be more aggressive, really try to cut out the crosses and get in the wide man's face. Didn't stand a chance in the air against his man who looked a foot taller.

Allessandra 7.5. MOTM worked very hard, high pass completion rate and just a useful footballer linking up, tracking back and making the opposition work.

Hussin 6.5 more physical than I've seen him which is good, running harder and for longer. Some decent passing, dead balls not the best. Not sure that he'll ever last 90 mins though.

Milsom 7 Played his usual effective game. For us he's a way better bet than Vaughan at the moment.

Boudwijn 6.5 Full of running, not everything went his way but like the rest of the team he played to a standard rather than going missing.

Hemmings 7 I think he's a good player, hard working and direct, always looking to home in on goal. The shame is he hasn't got Shola or someone like that next to him.

Stead 6.5 Won free kicks, held the ball up did his best as always. Just never convinced he's going to score many.

Subs
    Hewitt 6 First two touches conceded two free kicks and got booked. He did help shore us up towards the end though winning a lot in the air and just covering the ground.

Osborne 6 nice to see him play, positive couple of runs not on long.

Northampton weren't great, we weren't great. But, we did compete til the final whistle and the centre halves looked like a pairing. Fitz looked quite emotional at the end, the fans gave him a special cheer and he deserved it.
    Confidence is a big thing, if we'd conceded I felt we'd go under, we are very brittle and need a win to just build some self belief and keep this unbeaten run going.
    Last edited by optipez; 22-09-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Great report.....and spot on..

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    None of the players deserved better than a 5.5, as none of the players were better than average ie a 5.

On a scale of 0 to 10, zero being an abject failure and 10 being stella superstar.....our performance today was "average" at best ie a 4 for Tootle and Hewey and 4 players on 5.5.

Why didn't I score my joint MOM, Fitz, higher than 5.5?.......he ran out to collect a through-ball, had a misunderstanding with the covering Notts back, and almost ended up handling it outside the box....he also tried to launch the ball upfield and ending up hitting their attacker up the arse, again!....and on a third occasion he collected the ball, took 2 steps and dropped it again at the feet of a Cobblers player, and had to drop on a ball that he had already safely gathered!

Having said all that, he was a huge improvement on the last 5 or 6 games and I marked him accordingly.....Charlie and Stall put it more succinctly than myself "Fitz had a much better game, but the saves, and the punch, were saves that any competent keeper should be making"
    You obviously saw more things than I did! If he collected the ball, took 2 steps then dropped it and had to drop on it again, surely that's a foul?

The save from the header looked outstanding, although it was viewed from the other end of the pitch.

He deserves a 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Personally I use 5 as average ie half way to 10 ..........Notts today were "average" at best and if you took the average of my scores, I think that we would be around a 5.....the confusion appears to be that people think 6 is an average?......and how anyone can think that Fitz deserves a 10 is in cloud-cuckoo land....IMO

0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - FIVE - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

I marked three players below a 5....and four players marginally above "average" ie at 5.5.....IMO nobody warranted a full point above "average"......has that explained it better to everyone?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast