+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The cards of relegation are being dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    We have but the football played is far too negative and workman like to afford them enough chances to take one or two, or more, depending on who the opposition is. In this case it was palace and we were still set up negative.

We're always going to struggle like that.
    This squad has enough in them, if used correctly to definitely hit top 10 or as near as damn it....but we won't do it with the way Rafa has us set up.

Even Kenedy is losing interest, rapidly.

The offensive players we have that can make a massive difference if used correctly, are being wasted by being cautiously drilled. It's almost criminal.

Yeah we might not have the best quality but we do have enough of it to finish mid table, like I said.
    Everybody knows we overachieved last season, finishing 10th on goal difference. Rafa wont change his philosophy,the philosophy which got us to 10th last season. Why would you want him to change?the personnel haven't changed? so why are you whinging on? the problem is that teams who finished below us last season have strengthened ,we haven't,so to finish 10th again will be harder much feckin harder, with this squad.Its not the manager you should be having a go at but the owner. Thats never gonna happen though is it! Oh and by the way I think 1 point away at Palace is a good point, theyre a good team,imo

A point away is ok.. But where are the wins gonna come from ? We are indeed woeful upfront . Leicester at home is virtually a must win

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    And this time I don't think we will be back up quite so quick.

Two points from 18 is bad mind, even worse when it's your first six games.

We are rubbish up front. Joselu sounds better than Rondon. Gayle is better than Perez. Mitros bad, but FFS man.

I'm starting to lose faith in Rafa. I think he should stop sucking his thumb, pull it out and start motivating what he's got before it's owa late. And I'm a fan of Rafa. Can't keep going like this. Sorry folks.
    I love you Stan, but dont feed the crocodiles.

6 hard fixtures brother. I think it looks grim but its not Rafas fault.

I have faith in Rafa to pull it out - it will be touch and go but after Christmas the points will come.

I am dying to praise Ashley - I would kill to see Rafa sign a new deal and get a100 mill promise for next summer - the same as McLaren got. It would lift the club and I for one would get behind the fat cnt if this happened.

Yes, I said it.

The players are good enough to get a top 10 if allowed to play a normal game, to their strengths.
    No ya WUM cnt.

We have but the football played is far too negative and workman like to afford them enough chances to take one or two, or more, depending on who the opposition is. In this case it was palace and we were still set up negative.

We're always going to struggle like that.
    This squad has enough in them, if used correctly to definitely hit top 10 or as near as damn it....but we won't do it with the way Rafa has us set up.

Even Kenedy is losing interest, rapidly.

The offensive players we have that can make a massive difference if used correctly, are being wasted by being cautiously drilled. It's almost criminal.

Yeah we might not have the best quality but we do have enough of it to finish mid table, like I said.
    No, ya WUM cnt.

Correct, not with Rafa's set up.
    If he changes it..definitely. If he walks....definitely, if a new manager comes in and uses the players correctly.
    Nah again, ya WUM Mackem cnt.

They're called reality drugs and cannot be used in conjunction with messiahazapams.
    Dont take the piss of a true fan ya WUM cnt.

But that's actually not true...but if you feel it helps you along then carry on with my blessing.
    Nobody wants or needs your blessing you WUM cnt.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Everybody knows we overachieved last season, finishing 10th on goal difference.
    We didn't overachieve last season. We played teams that underachieved and took advantage.

Rafa wont change his philosophy,the philosophy which got us to 10th last season.
    But he did change. That's the point. He was forced into change with the arrival of Kenedy.
    The arrival of Kenedy kick started a second half of a season with a much more balanced outfit with the emphasis on trying to win, not trying not to lose. A massive difference that paid off.

Why would you want him to change?the personnel haven't changed? so why are you whinging on?
    The personnel have changed but we also retain most of the personnel we had last season, yet Rafa's reverted back to square one.
    He's destroying any offensive potential we have. It almost seems deliberate.

the problem is that teams who finished below us last season have strengthened ,we haven't,so to finish 10th again will be harder much feckin harder, with this squad.
    We have strengthened but we don't play to that strength.
    Otehr teams have strengthened but it remains to be seen whether that strength becomes their weakness as the season grows old.
    It remains to be seen whether we use the strength we have , as intended as the season grows old.

Its not the manager you should be having a go at but the owner. Thats never gonna happen though is it!
    The manager chose the players. The manager coaches and organises the players. Ultimately he should get on with it and do his best by getting them to play football.
    He doesn't do that and rightly gets my stick.
    As for the owner. I don't need to bother giving him stick. He gets enough to last a lifetime...plus, I'm not interested in bemoaning him when we have a decent football team that's badly managed.

Oh and by the way I think 1 point away at Palace is a good point, theyre a good team,imo
    It's a point gained and that's about it.

Feel better Sclox

Although i agree with the original post that if we go down, we won't come back quite as quick.

That blame is solely on the fat **** of our owner. He's stripped our squad down time and time again, never properly replacing.

We're reaping what he's sown.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)