+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 100 games = How many more excuses ?

100 games = How many more excuses ?

What's today's excuse Bruce

Perhaps the “Intelligent” fans can offer up a plausible explanation for another shambolic display/defeat & some comfort to a daft supporter like me

The team has No direction NO ideas No plan No identity !

I really like Jedinak as a defensive midfielder - by Bruce playing him “in his best position at centre-back” Steve is well on the way to laying waste to another players confidence

Its excruciatingly poor football, if Bruce had Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo I wouldn't back him getting positive results

The guy couldn't organise a woodpeckers breakfast in Sherwood Forest !

I wish someone would put Bruce out of his misery

"Thats all Folks" !!

Football

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    What's today's excuse Bruce

Perhaps the “Intelligent” fans can offer up a plausible explanation for another shambolic display/defeat & some comfort to a daft supporter like me

The team has No direction NO ideas No plan No identity !

I really like Jedinak as a defensive midfielder - by Bruce playing him “in his best position at centre-back” Steve is well on the way to laying waste to another players confidence

Its excruciatingly poor football, if Bruce had Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo I wouldn't back him getting positive results

The guy couldn't organise a woodpeckers breakfast in Sherwood Forest !

I wish someone would put Bruce out of his misery

"Thats all Folks" !!

Football, you don't play it. Your a million miles away from promotion and have no control of the ball. I don't see any player you have that anyone would want and if there is Bruce is stopping them show it. Your football is by far the worst in the West Midlands. I can see you at the wrong end of the table, football has moved on but Bruce sadly hasn't, the premier teams don't employ British managers and you can see why.

Quote Originally Posted by grabut View Post
    Football, you don't play it. Your a million miles away from promotion and have no control of the ball. I don't see any player you have that anyone would want and if there is Bruce is stopping them show it. Your football is by far the worst in the West Midlands. I can see you at the wrong end of the table, football has moved on but Bruce sadly hasn't, the premier teams don't employ British managers and you can see why.
    I wouldn’t say that the play off final was a million miles away from promotion and there are six British managers in the Premiership so that’s nonsense too. However, despite their cost, we do have a team of Championship players who, apart from Grealish, attracted no attention over the summer from the Premiership whatsoever. As a result we can’t expect them to take this league by storm and we have no divine right to believe they can. We are just one of the many who are playing in this crazy league where anything can happen ( look at Leeds losing at home today). I fully expect them to finish in the top half though with a decent chance of hitting the playoffs again. That’s the hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grabut View Post
    Football, you don't play it Blah blah blah ...............

Freer - let's try and cultivate the discussion fella, this board is dying a death.....anyway to football related matters.

The squad we had last season should have done better points-wise and Bruce admitted to mistakes, he also has a one dimensional approach to the game which made us easy to play against. I'm convinced that had Grealish been fit at the start of the last campaign we'd have scored the goals to equalise/win games when we went behind. Football though is full of ifs/buts and maybes.

There was interest in Chester and Kodj but the takeover put an end to that, however our approach of spending big to loan/buy players isn't paying off when you compare how teams have gone up in recent seasons. Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Watford, probably Leeds this time out, this league seems to be a great leveller.

Some of the ins & outs this season just don't make sense and the word is that SB took charge of recruitment, is Tommy Elphick a disruptive influence? Is 3-5-2 in pre-season a failed experiment or Bruce showing he can do what he likes? Is Jed Steer really that bad that we have to sign 2 keepers and both from outside of the English leagues? Is Jedi so in cahoots with Bruce that he's picked when a pacey & fit loanee from Man U is available in his strongest position?

I agree we have no divine right to win games but when you look at the long list of teams we have already failed to beat this season, plus the imbalance of our squad it doesn't look good. There's a lot of talent in front of the defence that leaves us crying out for attacking incisive play, it's all too predictable for the opposition.

We go again zzzzzzzzzzz

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)