+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic 3 points!

Fantastic 3 points!

Well done Rovers! Tough away game and we came away with all 3 points. Sounds like it was a tough end to the game after a brilliant start. But without our captain and leader all things considered, I'm made up this evening. We are 2 points outside the top 6. Level on points with a good few sides. And after out one defeat I was told we would struggle playing a run a of very strong sides. While some will say we rode our luck today (and at Derby on Tues) with the missed pen in injury time. I think we where very unfortunate last week to conceed in injury time, have a perfectly good goal ruled out etc vrs Villa.
    The fact remains we have remained unbeaten in all these games.
    Some will just focus on the negatives, even today. But that's a hell of a performance to go away to Stoke and get 3 goals. Whether rocked at the end, we held out. Got 3 fantastic points. And move on to the league cup and Forest next sat. It's my birthday so I'm expecting 3 points from Tony and the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Well done Rovers! Tough away game and we came away with all 3 points. Sounds like it was a tough end to the game after a brilliant start. But without our captain and leader all things considered, I'm made up this evening. We are 2 points outside the top 6. Level on points with a good few sides. And after out one defeat I was told we would struggle playing a run a of very strong sides. While some will say we rode our luck today (and at Derby on Tues) with the missed pen in injury time. I think we where very unfortunate last week to conceed in injury time, have a perfectly good goal ruled out etc vrs Villa.
    The fact remains we have remained unbeaten in all these games.
    Some will just focus on the negatives, even today. But that's a hell of a performance to go away to Stoke and get 3 goals. Whether rocked at the end, we held out. Got 3 fantastic points. And move on to the league cup and Forest next sat. It's my birthday so I'm expecting 3 points from Tony and the lads.
    No complaint from me.. Well earned 3 points.. Stokes comeback?.. They have some very good players that are capable of that against anyone at this level.. We done well chaps.

I never thought it was over, even at 0-3. We weren't 3-0 better, and games at this level are very close, one goal can change things. Once I saw Crouch coming on I though 'Oh dear here we go'....then they got 2 in a minute, then the pen .....I shat myself....and we held out! Great 3 points.

Just finished watching. Bloody hell! I thought Tuesday was bad for my nerves, but when Stoke got that penalty, I was virtually hyperventilating. When he missed, I spilled half a cup of coffee on my legs! Worth it, though.
    I have always thought Peter Crouch was underestimated, but I think he has almost always been best as a sub, because he changes the whole pattern of a team's approach. He did it again today.
    The daft thing is, our defence looked so sound for 80 minutes!

The W@nker who missed the penalty wants a good rimming by Saxo..

Lucky Bastids..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The W@nker who missed the penalty wants a good rimming by Saxo..

Lucky Bastids..lol
    I had my first twinge of unease when Dack missed that sitter. We would have been 4-0 up in an hour. You can guarantee there wasn't a single person in the country who put a bet on that scoreline!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The W@nker who missed the penalty wants a good rimming by Saxo ..
    Why, was it a bird who took the pen ?, what has the world come to eh. They will be electing wimmin Prime ministers and getting them to commentate on Match of the day next!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Why, was it a bird who took the pen ?, what has the world come to eh. They will be electing wimmin Prime ministers and getting them to commentate on Match of the day next!!.
    Why was your match off, Acido?

I have to admit when I was reading the text for the game, and saw the penalty called, I expected to only draw the game. What a nice surprise that the post intervened!!!....Very good 3 points. We'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Why was your match off, Acido?
    It was a SERIOUS incident Aucks, somebody collapsed on the pitch with a heart attack and the air ambulance was quickly called.
    We wish Mr Stephen Croft all the best in his recovery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)