+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What hapend after the match

What hapend after the match

Whilst waiting to get off the academy car park, there was riot vans driving on blue lights down Halfords lane towards the Metro. Later we saw ambulances with blue light.

Its Millwall. Always been the same.

Certainly as we were leaving from the East Stand, there was the inevitable threatening from tha Millwall crowd. A number were endeavouring to climb over to confront our fans who were beckoning. A few missiles (water bottles) being thrown.
    I guess matters continued after they were let out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Certainly as we were leaving from the East Stand, there was the inevitable threatening from tha Millwall crowd. A number were endeavouring to climb over to confront our fans who were beckoning. A few missiles (water bottles) being thrown.
    I guess matters continued after they were let out ?
    Hi Prando, ive got a season parking on the academy,always used the metro the last few seasons. But after a few near misses going down the steps at the Metro and my niece being pregnant. Felt using my car was the best option, only problem turning right at the Halford's to go down Forge lane.

If anyone thought today was a bit “tasty” with the Millwall morons then you weren’t there when we beat them in the 83-84 cup match.

The only time I have come close to s h I t t I n g my pants at a match.

Really threatening bunch of thugs attached to this horrible little club.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If anyone thought today was a bit “tasty” with the Millwall morons then you weren’t there when we beat them in the 83-84 cup match.

Was that the night, they were put in the Rainbow stand and started running over the exec boxes.
    Ist time iv'e come up against Millwall was at Orient with the Blues,mates a Bluenose. It was a weekday game and if Blues won they won promotion instead of Millwall. The Millwall fans tried to set a stand on fire then got into the Blues end. Blues started to back off i was at the front and said stand your ground. This Zulu said who are you ain't seen you before, i said i'm a Baggie and i never run. Then we run them out the stand.
    The 2nd time i come across them,the help us out,about 50 of us were cornered on the underground by a few hundred Chelsea fans and about 60 Millwall come behind Chelsea They Chelsea fans panicked. Had a good night with the Millwall fans after. This was early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Was that the night, they were put in the Rainbow stand and started running over the exec boxes.
    Ist time iv'e come up against Millwall was at Orient with the Blues,mates a Bluenose. It was a weekday game and if Blues won they won promotion instead of Millwall. The Millwall fans tried to set a stand on fire then got into the Blues end. Blues started to back off i was at the front and said stand your ground. This Zulu said who are you ain't seen you before, i said i'm a Baggie and i never run. Then we run them out the stand.
    The 2nd time i come across them,the help us out,about 50 of us were cornered on the underground by a few hundred Chelsea fans and about 60 Millwall come behind Chelsea They Chelsea fans panicked. Had a good night with the Millwall fans after. This was early 80s.
    That has to made into a movie starring Danny Dyer.

And the title has to be "I never run".

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

I’ve seen the best and worst of football supporters over the last 60 odd years supporting the baggies. when I think back what went on especially at the height of the hooliganism.70s early 80s,you say to yourself what knobs we were.ive been no angel must admit.never went looking for it but it always found you. best fans we found back then Ipswich arsenal.worst Man Utd because there was always so many of them .but having said that you smacked one 10 would run.also the biggest pussies.dingles also thought they were hard thought.like I said when you think back it was all saftness.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I remember that game. Weren't they 3-0 up after the first leg?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Wish i could run now,miss going for a 5 mile run after work.Could go for ride on my mobility scooter with my new higher powered batteries.
    Going back to the old days,i was an original skinhead most of age group was. If you went to matches in the late 60s,70s and early 80s it was hard to avoid trouble. Most hooligans can't fight, they shout load and come swinging like a windmill, i was always focussed did a lot of karate Shotokan style.A block was enough to send most flying.
    Can't change the past, don't like to see now, footballs moved on great to see all the family's up the match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)