+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forest v Millers Aftermatch thoughts

I remember the very same thing being said when the opposition today were relegated from the top flight back back in 1999. And I quote. "We were in the game today and should have had something from it" "We were very unlucky and were the better team for 89 minutes" "Forrest are a good side with some fantastic players and are to good to go down" "We bossed that game from start to finish! How did we end up losing?" And the same things were said week in week out.

You get the same amount of points for making 60 scoring chances and making the keeper make worldies or hitting the post 20 times as you do if you play like **** but end up losing 1-0, ZERO......

If you look back at the record books next season and look for today's result it will just simply say Forrest 1 Millers 0. It will not say that the Millers should have had something for the game or that we were unlucky.

Th only thing that mattes is that we get something from games and the way we are going about it at the moment is obviously the wrong way and it needs changing NOW!.

P:S, The players we have now ARE GOOD ENOUGH if given the right tactics and formation.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 22-09-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes topsy Jones was my MOTM as well.
    Considering that was the 1st competitive game he played this season the lad did good.

Millmoormagic.....the reason we came away with nil points is because we lack that little bit of extra quality up front.
    Seen most games this season and apart from the Brentford game we're not being totally outplayed. Inability to stick the ball away from the few chances we get is costing us.

1st ten minutes was poor, inability to make a word pass and giving the ball away.
    1st half was average from both sides.
    2nd half an improvement. Nearest Forest came was when Carvalho hit the foot of the post in the 2nd half and apart from the penalty that was it.
    Definitely a penalty and a kick in the teeth, can't fault the effort, commitment and spirit, well organised, unfortunately another game where we ought to have come away with something yet didn't.

Nice touch on 14mins a round of applause from both sets of supporters for the late, great Brian Clough.
    Yeh tell me about it Casper, like i said to mike, that's our fundamental issue, striker's don't come cheap, and to be totally honest, we can't afford a championship striker can we....UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Hmmm....maybe, but he’s going to have to be a a pretty spectacular player to score for us when we have 35% of the play, turn out with one up front and spend most of the match camped out in our own half.
    We had 37% possesion against Derby.......

Our tactics were good. Forest were poor in the 1st half, but upped the tempo after the break and created more chances, including one that hit the post when it looked easier to score.

We carry a threat from set pieces, but lack pace and/or creativity up front. Smith is very good, but isn't a natural goalscorer at this level. We broke well from defence on several occasions, but the passing wasn't good enough to carry the threat through to their goal area.

You could see the penalty coming; Williams(?) didn't anticipate the overlapping runner and it was a desperate lunge.

Even though we have to record a point on our travels, the players were very positive. Can't find fault with anyone today; neither can I say that there was a clear MoM. Vaulks played well, and Jones, and Ajayi.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    We had 37% possesion against Derby.......
    And it took a penalty for us to score.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    And it took a penalty for us to score.
    and it took a penalty for Forest to score today ? it's called football

Always a right kick in the b@llax when you lose to a late goal , it's probably the worst way to lose a game especially away from home against a rated team .

Other than at Brentford you are only losing games marginally which I would say is very encouraging .

Fine lines and it can go the other way in your favour if you keep yourself in the game .

Stoke may have better players but right now are they a better team ? , I'd suggest you have a good chance of winning that one .

Stoke away form 0-2-2 conceded nine scored six

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Always a right kick in the b@llax when you lose to a late goal , it's probably the worst way to lose a game especially away from home against a rated team .

Other than at Brentford you are only losing games marginally which I would say is very encouraging .

Fine lines and it can go the other way in your favour if you keep yourself in the game .

Stoke may have better players but right now are they a better team ? , I'd suggest you have a good chance of winning that one .
    Stop with the logic Animal, stop it.

Towel's shot from a tight angle instead of cutting it back for Williams looked a decent move - started by Smudger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast