+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forest v Millers Aftermatch thoughts

Forest v Millers Aftermatch thoughts

As CAM is leaving on a jet plane and froggy May be groggy from too much plonk I've put this thread up.

Will put my views up later, Positive, Negative and Nuetral opinions accepted.

Btw...I did go and we deserved a point.

I went and I agree we did deserve a point

Aside from the usual, homer ref's, bad luck, and rubbish away end, we were competitive today again, but the harsh truth is we've got nil points from it, i'm not giving any answers, PW is obviously doing a great job getting us close to results, is that enough? in this division, with the amounts of cash most other teams have, we'll have to wait and see, onto the next one lads....

We deserved something but didn’t get anything.

I didn’t agree with Proctor starting over Smith, (not saying he was crap ) needs to be opposite way until Proctor is 100% fit then see how it works
    Williams should have been subbed.
    Jones had a good game and was my MOTM , hope he stays fit

Lino definitely needs to make an appointment at opticians ASAP.

If you give the player a yellow in first half then you should give him one in second for exactly the same thing you bottler ref ��

Highlight, home fans idiots getting chucked out, was good to see the steward grab his ear to get him out ��

Not good to see a little lad who was near them crying his eyes out though
    Last edited by millertop; 22-09-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Any opinions on Billy Jones?

PW has heaped praise on him so was he good, great or outstanding?
    Is he able to bring any attacking threat to our play?

EDIT: MT's MoM

In the last 5 away games we've scored just once - a consolation goal in a 5-1 defeat. Need to bring in a goalscorer - possibly a "free agent" as soon as possible (although after Blackstock that's unlikely), if not, then somebody in January (although that might be too late)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    In the last 5 away games we've scored just once - a consolation goal in a 5-1 defeat. Need to bring in a goalscorer - possibly a "free agent" as soon as possible (although after Blackstock that's unlikely), if not, then somebody in January (although that might be too late)
    Kind of agree but that's our fundamental problem isn't it mike....personally i think if we stay as positive and defensively solid, like we have today by and large, then we'll be ok, penalty apart there's nowt between those teams that played today...

I honestly think we are getting closer to competing at this level you could see how disappointed the players were when they left the field that definitely hurt them today

Plenty of games left we will get wiser as the season goes on imho of course ( unlike some on here I don't give opinions as though they are facts )

UTM

Yes topsy Jones was my MOTM as well.
    Considering that was the 1st competitive game he played this season the lad did good.

Millmoormagic.....the reason we came away with nil points is because we lack that little bit of extra quality up front.
    Seen most games this season and apart from the Brentford game we're not being totally outplayed. Inability to stick the ball away from the few chances we get is costing us.

1st ten minutes was poor, inability to make a ten yard pass and giving the ball away.
    1st half was average from both sides.
    2nd half an improvement. Nearest Forest came was when Carvalho hit the foot of the post in the 2nd half and apart from the penalty that was it.
    Definitely a penalty and a kick in the teeth, can't fault the effort, commitment and spirit, well organised, unfortunately another game where we ought to have come away with something yet didn't.

Nice touch on 14mins a round of applause from both sets of supporters for the late, great Brian Clough.

EDIT : That's the quietest Forest fans I've heard in 7 visits.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 22-09-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post

Hmmm....maybe, but he’s going to have to be a a pretty spectacular player to score for us when we have 35% of the play, turn out with one up front and spend most of the match camped out in our own half.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast