+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forest v Millers Aftermatch thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Stop with the logic Animal, stop it.
    It happens regularly doesn't it , you are sat there as it gets to 80 minutes thinking this is a good point I'll be happy with this .

The home team score a solitary goal and that changes everything and yet for 95% of the game you are happy .

You get on the train for the journey home and the blame game and emotion kicks in because in reality its the fact a late goals pyssed you off and you have to let it out somewhere .

Williams was in LaLa land today, gave the ball away several times. Proctor did Ok but had no support. The 2 guys who got thrown out had been giving Vaulks some stick and he just turned and laughed at them then at theaway fans. They were warned but were continuing having a go at the stewards. Shame for the young lad sat close by who left crying. Why do some fans go too far and spoil it for the others? My MOM also Jones. He looked comfortable but booked for a great tackle on Heffler? following a bit of bother against Vassell for going in on Panty Liner on a 50/50 ball.
    Last edited by pip_y; 22-09-2018 at 10:43 PM.

I thought we did well and deserved a point at least. None of the players looked out of their depth at a tricky away venue. The management team are learning more each week and I'm certain they will accomplish all that we could've hoped for at the start of the season...which is survival in one of the toughest leagues in the World. Feeling good.

Forest. 5 wins. 5 draws 1 loss.
    We made them look avg and should have got a draw. We didn't, we move on

Derby 7 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses
    We made them look avg and should have got a draw. We didn't, we move on...

3 points when we should have had 2..

A scrappy game that could have gone either way. A match with very few chances.
    We were well organised at Forest and almost caught them on the break more than once.
    Much better performance than Villa away.
    Poor excuse from Forest manager as to why they were poor, he said " Forest were jaded after three games in a week "

Still all to play for and compared to last time we were in the Championship we are 1 point better off at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Forest. 5 wins. 5 draws 1 loss.
    We made them look avg and should have got a draw. We didn't, we move on

Derby 7 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses
    We made them look avg and should have got a draw. We didn't, we move on...

3 points when we should have had 2..
    I like the way you " crunch " the numbers cayton, can you crunch a few more for the Stoke, Bristol and Birmingham games ?

I thought Millers supporters were superb yesterday, very vocal and stayed behind the team right to the end.
    Always makes me smile when they sing C'Mon you reds when Forest were playing in red lol.
    Did say to pals at halftime that whoever scored first would go on to win the game.
    Fine margins indeed.

Well it may be 30 games without a win but it's not as bad as it was being an away Miller. Remember season before last fearing the first goal going in, knowing we we'd end up getting gubbed. At least we're competing now apart from Brentford we have been in each game and could/should have come out with more points.
    Yesterday was a case in point, expensive foreign players only had one shot on goal and a pen. We played some good stuff and caused them trouble. We know we don't have a goal getter we can't afford one for this league and would have to change all our shape, so they all have to do better with the chances we get. Big issue from yesterday is stop giving the bloody ball away.
    Forest players and fans celebrated like they had won the cup, that shows how hard we pushed them, if we keep on competing the win will come. Some Millers blamed the ref, I think we've had worse, apart from bottling sending off they're man he didn't do an awful lot wrong, but the lino was atrocious when the bloke in row z can catch the ball and he still doesn't wave his flag well!
    Rodak. Didn't have much to do what he did he did well
    Jones. Welcome where have you been. A proper footballer I'll give him my Mom for effort and application. We look more solid with him in.
    Mattock. Steady
    Ajayi. Another good game one or two miskicks but it is Semi
    Wood. Good game did what he needed to do and didn't get booked.
    Vaulks. Looks a better player with Towell in front battled well used the ball better but got a silly booking for gobbling and will be suspended shortly.
    Towell. What a difference he makes. Always available and looking for a pass. Made the keeper pull off a good save but reckon he should have squared it.
    Manning. Quiet game not his best.
    Williams. Marmite man, I like him my mate's not keen. I think my mate won on points yesterday. He gave the ball away far too often and what was that corner all about.
    Proctor. Chance to shine and didn't take it. Looked slow, but suppose it's still early days for him.
    Vassell. Caused problems looked dangerous and tracked back well
    Smith. Improved the team when he came on. Back to his more normal game after a quiet one against Derby.
    Overall disappointed with result but happy we competed for 90 mins. the away win will come.
    This time it's on the right thread Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    As CAM is leaving on a jet plane and froggy May be groggy from too much plonk I've put this thread up.

Will put my views up later, Positive, Negative and Nuetral opinions accepted.

Btw...I did go and we deserved a point.
    Thanks Casper I'm not too groggy I just forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Vaulks. Looks a better player with Towell in front battled well used the ball better but got a silly booking for gobbling and will be suspended shortly.
    Never seen a player do that on the pitch before, lucky he wasn't sent off!

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I like the way you " crunch " the numbers cayton, can you crunch a few more for the Stoke, Bristol and Birmingham games ?
    No problems m8. I will obv tilt them our way 😁

Stoke record looks poor this season. Sadly it's not that poor. They have only lost to teams who will finish Imo in the top 8.. they have drawn Vs teams who will finish mid table (like themselves) 4 losses from 10 games. Also they score plenty as well as concede. I'm going for 2.2...

Bristol have 4 wins 4 losses from last 8. They play well Vs aggressive in your face teams but struggle Vs passing sides..
    A point would be great though don't hold your breath. 2.0 robins

Brum. 3 losses from 10. They have more away points than home points.
    Well organised n don't concede many 0.0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123