+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should potato head stay or go?

Should potato head stay or go?

Personaly we havnt moved on since the play off flop, too many lackluster games and stubourn to the core with playing his favs and using cra p tactics.

For me he looks like a dead man walking, its obvious the players are just not playing for him. If you look at Bruce now he just claps when he sees 2 passes put together. Its all just too limp and hes simply got to go. We need this team of individuals playing like a team!

Go

Thoughts?

Steve Bruce win rate 46%
    Dean Smith win rate 41%
    Gary Rowett win 30% at Stoke 43% at Derby
    Pulis at boggrolls 30% at Boro 48%
    Marcelo Bielsa (leeds) 58% (11 games) 26% at Lille.

Who do people want? Realistically? I heard Hughton mentioned... newcastle 55%, Scum 42%, Norwich 29 and Brighton 43%

Stevie Bruce ain't bad

Im torn on this now. Part of my thinks he's the best man for the job and like Sam said we don't have many options. Maybe Hughton or Henry? Apart from those two no thanks.
    So realistically I think we're better sticking with Bruce.

Its the style or lack of style of football, i really do not think these players want to play for him? I just hooe he does not ruin Mcginn.....

You can look at it the other way too Dave. Bruce has assembled a really good squad and that's because people want to play for him.

Well they better start playing or he will be history!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post

Stevie Bruce ain't bad
    Maybe Sam ?

However he’s giving a terrific imitation of a haplessly ineffective manager at present !

* Grealish playing out on the wing

* Adomah packs him off to ‘Boro , fast forward 10 days he’s playing

* Lets Elphick leave with no replacement imminent

* Tuanzebe puts in a solid performance V Blackburn subsequently dropped

* Bruce a k a Mary Shelley creates/invents his Frankenstein, as he attempts to convince a disbelieving audience ‘Mile Jedinak is a centre-half’

* Bruce must jot down squad numbers on scraps of paper, mixes them up, then randomly pulls out 11 names

Stay

On performance related evidence, he has to go but I’m still only 99% out. That lingering 1% doubt surrounds the fear of the unknown. Who do we bring in?
    How long will a new guy take to settle in?
    SB is on a rolling 1yr contract, so he will always, as in at the start of every new day, have 1yr left on his contract. So in our current financial position regarding FFP, can we afford to pay him off? Are his staff also on rolling contracts? (Apparently we are paying ALL of Bolasie’s 70K per week wages!)
    Can we afford NOT to pay em off?
    For me the moment was lost at the beginning of the last International break, a ¼ of the season will have gone by the next International break!

Decisions, decisions.

Bite the bullet Sawiris, if you’re gonna do it, do it NOW, otherwise you carry the can!

Being blindingly stubourn trying to convince us that defensive line up is worth keeping is just stupid. Im really suprised he didnt go one up front, does he not realise this is not pre season and time for experimenting has gone. Do we have spell it out to him that Hutton is a right back, Taylor is a left back, jedi is a holding midfielder and Tuanzanbe is a centrehalf not to mention Grealish is an attacking midfielder and not a winger, i could also mention Conner plays on the left as he has a strong left foot. Even in his interview he says its a new position for him, this is just crazy stuff. Whats next, play Abraham at centre half? I will be amazed if he, Bruce, is in charge by Christmas?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)