+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    A long term lurker, first time poster. That’s also happening a lot these days. I just found it odd that...

...yet you’re down as a new member. Other poster(s) have pulled that stunt a few times, normally after embarrassing humiliations on here.

Welcome aboard, the more the merrier
    Never set up an account, always just looked in to see what thoughts were on certain matters!

Haha it’s all good fun, quite interesting to say the least!

Wow. A lot of words on this topic. He moved for money. And money alone. No issues with that. Go keep the club who gave you the opportunity in mind when speaking. It's been the right decision.

I'd love to know what Ryans involvement with an ex lover of our current coach is about. All Mill & Boon. Shankland, best of luck to him. I doubt he would give AFC A 2nd glance now. Unless the financial deal was right. Like 95% of footballers. Personally, I hope he kicks on. He has a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m not sure anyone was thinking that. That’s one of the weirdest sentences I’ve read on here. Not bad considering your competition
    F ucking golf slow, in for a bite to eat now.......followed by more birdies......I hope.....regardless, you asked for assistance regarding your comprehension of why a former player left the club, ehm naw........I’ll leave it to you being the sweetie wifie and your unrequited love for our current coach......

Stick in Shanks and SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    F ucking golf slow, in for a bite to eat now.......followed by more birdies......I hope.....regardless, you asked for assistance regarding your comprehension of why a former player left the club, ehm naw........I’ll leave it to you being the sweetie wifie and your unrequited love for our current coach......

Stick in Shanks and SF
    That gormless waffle has certainly helped to clear that up. Thanks

While I've reason to believe the Fraser family's behaviour in the contract negotiations was pretty ****ty, the person I hold responsible for the Ryan Fraser fiasco is Pa Broon.

In the close season before he started to get a regular game here, the player would have been delighted to sign just about any contract extension put in front of him. We farted about all summer then gave him a platform which he used to prove he not only deserved an extension but was going to be a very valuable asset. At which point the sharks predictably started circling.

Broon didn't seem to twig the player was anything special until he read it in the papers. If he had we'd have had him on a long term deal before he got the chance to impress anybody else. It was a preposterous piece of incompetence by the over***ed old buffoon that literally cost the club millions.

It's similar to McGuire. He and his family were dicks as well. Still, wish him all the best down there.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post

Stop being such a sensitive ninny.
    Have to say you made me laugh there

Shankland never looked great when he stepped into the first team here so I’m not surprised he left. Whether he could make the step up now that he looks fitter and has more experience, who knows.

Canny Smith has gone on to forge a reasonable career at bottom 6 level which is what he is - not good enough for a club aspiring to winning trophies.

Of the current crop coming through it’s hard to know who’ll make it. McKenna already has andwill likely move for big money. Wright has the ability and pace - he needs a run at no10 - I think he’s got more of the qualities needed to succeed there than Cammy had. Frank Ross could be the same as Smith I fear. Campbell seems to have the right attitude and will hopefully get more opportunities in the next couple seasons and won’t end up being the next Craig Storie. Anderson seems to have the right attributes to succeed up front but too early to tell.

seen Shankland filling his face with Mince Pies at St Johnstone game a few years back.

He wisna playin at the time mind you.

Surely tae **** a good few of you boys are in some sort institution.
    The bitterness, anger is nae healthy like.

Quote Originally Posted by February_1971 View Post
    seen Shankland filling his face with Mince Pies at St Johnstone game a few years back.

He wisna playin at the time mind you.

Surely tae **** a good few of you boys are in some sort institution.
    The bitterness, anger is nae healthy like.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast