+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Didn't we try to re-sign Dennis Wyness when he was at Caley but he knocked us back to sign for Hearts? No great loss as he had clearly found his level at Caley.

On the other hand, Michael Hart was re-signed from Livi and was eventually one of Calderwood's most consistent performers.
    Both Hart and Wyness came through the ranks at Aberdeen.
    Shankland has been prolific in the central belt and may have matured a bit in the last couple of years.
    Can’t see us going for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I know we won’t but if we won at Hibs on Tuesday and the pigs on Saturday there would still be a thread like this on Sunday slating McInnes.
    Rico, just for the record and just to be clear pal. As the OP of this thread I never intended it to be a DM bashing thread, it was clearly a thought I wanted to through it out there as I personally think we should go in for Shankland in the next transfer window.

However when all is said and done all the comments about him and the scouting incompetency of our staff to identify and target a real "striker" are pretty much justified.

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 24-09-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Why do the cream ofthe crop sign on probably because it’s guarenteed money whose going to sign someone who hasn’t played 1st team. How many players has Derek in his managerial career actually promoted to the 1st team.

Before anyone says the selection and coaching is the program well whose decision is it to employ them

Yeah Fraser would have been player of the game and then dropped for no reason if Derek was in charge
    You’ve lost me with that response of sorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Ehm,naw.....a decent sort from a decent family, thankfully doing well in the EPL.
    I couldn’t give a monkeys about how well he does at another club in a league I don’t watch. I’m sure his family are lovely but when I called him a wee rat b’stard, I meant it about his relation with AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I couldn’t give a monkeys about how well he does at another club in a league I don’t watch. I’m sure his family are lovely but when I called him a wee rat b’stard, I meant it about his relation with AFC.
    Agreed. Remember the "wallet lost in the snow" story?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve now had confirmed that you genuinely do not have a scooby about Aberdeen Football Club, by all means suck up the tabloid nonsense.....it is your choice.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I’ve now had confirmed that you genuinely do not have a scooby about Aberdeen Football Club, by all means suck up the tabloid nonsense.....it is your choice.

SF
    Explain the circumstances surrounding that wee rat b’atards Pittodrie exit then. You’re obviously in the know & in a position to change a lot of supporters opinions on the wee rat b’stard. I’m sure he’d be grateful for your input

He was a wee prick who slagged of the club at least twice once he left. So aye hes a wee arsehole(good family or not, not that that anyrhing to do with anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He was a wee prick who slagged of the club at least twice once he left. So aye hes a wee arsehole(good family or not, not that that anyrhing to do with anything)
    Dearie me......relax and accept the club that we support under Wiggy/Pa should have done better.......obviously our current coach is not better working under Wiggy going by league placings/Euro qualification?

Meanwhile, Shanks is doing well at a level he is comfortable with and that is the salient point of this thread.

SF

It’s Craig Browns fault Ryan Fraser is a wee rat b’stard? Cheers for clearing that up

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast