+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Stick yer Chablis min, Ah've 5 gallons o' home made currant and sultana wine ready ... an' gettin tore aboot

Furryboots: Ma hoose
    Pre: Pant pishin
    Post Happy Clappin like a demented seal wi a hardon
    Prediction: Blootered!!
    Brilliant and also gets my vote for post of the year so far

SF

Chablis, is that a rich man’s Buckfast?

Apparently Shankland admits worry and over-thinking threatened to derail his career.

“You can overthink things. I would be getting the ball and still thinking about having given the ball away moments earlier.
    “But I’ve grown up now and become more mature.”

Shankland scored a double again at the weekend bringing his tally up to 17 already this season.
    Surely to fk he is worth talking to and trying to bring him in, in the January window.
    Wilson might get double figures (MIGHT) if he can stay off the treatment table, Cosgrove is a fkn muppet and should not be here, May is finished and Anderson is not going to get enough game time.
    Surely to fk we should seriously be talking with Ayr and Shannkland to see if a deal can be done

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Shankland scored a double again at the weekend bringing his tally up to 17 already this season.
    Surely to fk he is worth talking to and trying to bring him in, in the January window.
    Wilson might get double figures (MIGHT) if he can stay off the treatment table, Cosgrove is a fkn muppet and should not be here, May is finished and Anderson is not going to get enough game time.
    Surely to fk we should seriously be talking with Ayr and Shannkland to see if a deal can be done

SF
    And Derek will play him out of position/ Cosgrove ahead of him.....our fitba doesn't suit a striker!.......the boy is likely the happiest he's been and will go to Hibs or Hearts

Someone banging in the goals in Scotland should be someone we are interested in but I wouldn't get excited about Shankland coming back. I don't think that'll happen.

Stevie May out on loan in January and I think he'll spend money on someone else.

I think Wilson will do a good job and score a few goals if he stays fit. The bigger problem is that we're not actually creating many chances. All our hopes are currently pinned on GMS and other teams know that so he's gradually going to find himself marked out of games. We need a creative central midfielder (Wright will do a job there if he can stay fit) and another wide player to give McGinn a break.

I think eventually McInnes will have to admit defeat with the Stevie May situation and get rid of him somehow. I think he'll retain Cosgrove as an alternative option up front, but the boy is never going to score. Anderson will continue to get the odd 15 minute run out but doubt he'll get a starting place any time soon.

I'm not sure where Shankland would fit in - he seems like the kind of striker you need to be supplying a lot of chances to, similar to Rooney. I just don't think we've got the personnel throughout the team to do that, so he'd probably end up being ineffective if he came into the team right now. Wilson looks like the kind of striker who can take the ball in, turn, beat a man and get a shot away which I think is what we need right now - a striker who can create a chance for himself, because nobody else is going to do it for him.

If Shankland makes a strong case for himself as an SPL (or better) quality striker, is there a scrap of evidence to suggest he'd be any likelier to come here than to any of the other clubs who'd no doubt be in the mix for his signature?

He didn't have a great time here before, why would he be keen to come back?

I don't know enough about him to know if he'd be a good signing or not, but I'm bemused by posts, here and elsewhere, that seem to assume that all we need to do is decide we want him and he's as good as ours. I very much doubt it's that simple unless rival clubs have had a look and decided he's not good enough for them, in which case he's probably not good enough for us either.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    If Shankland makes a strong case for himself as an SPL (or better) quality striker, is there a scrap of evidence to suggest he'd be any likelier to come here than to any of the other clubs who'd no doubt be in the mix for his signature?

He didn't have a great time here before, why would he be keen to come back?

I don't know enough about him to know if he'd be a good signing or not, but I'm bemused by posts, here and elsewhere, that seem to assume that all we need to do is decide we want him and he's as good as ours. I very much doubt it's that simple unless rival clubs have had a look and decided he's not good enough for them, in which case he's probably not good enough for us either.
    I never said he would come back
    What I have suggested is surely to fk it is worth trying to to talk with the lad to see if there is any way he would come back and if a deal can be agreed, that is a damn sight different than saying he will come back!!!
    On your closing comment "in which case he's probably not good enough for us either" there is one thing you can be 100% sure of and that is he would be a better option than donkey Sam fkn Cosgrove ffs
    is it too much to ask of our management team that they should at least be ambitious enough to better what we have.

Worrying times ahead indeed

SF

Shankland is a horrible blue nosed loyalist...I don't care if he scores a million goals this season, lets not touch him with a barge pole...and to pre-empt, yeah I know Fergie, McLeish and our manager are all current buns but I don't care, that's no excuse to get more in

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast