+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Yes it was Queens Park and yes they will probably be keeping tabs on what is happening here as the boy could finally be showing his true worth.
    That's a year now that he first signed for Ayr on a short term contract initially and now 12 months in he has had 33 appearances and scored 29 goals, thats not a bad return by anyone's standard.
    Yes we fk up with him in the first instance but seeing that he is basically still young and is turning into a real prolific goal scorer albeit in a slightly lower league but nonetheless a very competitive league I think we should seriously be looking at bringing him back on board.

SF
    Would he want to come back though when he's managed to get his stock high again? I think if a few top flight clubs (including us) were interested we'd be well down the pecking order. Shame if we've missed out on a proven striker but he's yet to prove he is that in the top flight and we've got enough Problems in front of goal just now without taking another chance on someone unproven at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If anything, we hindered his development
    Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Yes we fk up with him in the first instance
    SF
    Lol, we didn’t hinder his development or fk up with him in the first instance.
    Your desire to be negative towards the Dons at every opportunity is stinging through yet again.
    He was young and didn’t settle up here. He had to go back down to the central belt and learn to apply himself in the right way.
    It’s great he’s got himself back on track.

He could end back up here, McLean came back to us after leaving to join Rangers, so there’s no reason why he wouldn’t.
    I reckon he’d prefer to stay in the central belt and will likely end up at the likes of Hearts or Hibs

Using the geography defence for McInnes.

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Using the geography defence for McInnes.

Interesting
    I don't buy a word of the post. "It's great he is back on track". Don't believe him/her.

Lawrence Shankland reminds me of Dennis Wyness.

We let him go because he wasn’t good enough,he scored for fun in the lower leagues,we tried to get him back and he turned us down for Hearts then ended up being sh1te for them anyway.

I’m sure there’s a way to blame McInnes for us not being able to get the best out of Dennis Wyness too,no doubt mason will think of something

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He played 248 minutes in our 1st team between 2013-17. This was over 17 apprarances. That averages 14 min an appearance. That cannot be classed as getting a chance.

How many starts are in that?

And how many consecutive starts did he get? Id hazard a guess at none.

The boy did not get a chance at us
    For what it's worth Shankland started twice and came on as a sub 15 times and no the starts were not consecutive (Partick 4/4/15 played 55 mins and Dundee 16/5/15 played 60 mins). All of his appearances were in season 14/15 with him being on loan to Dunfermline 13/14, St Mirren 15/16 and StMirren/Morton 16/17). He therefore averaged 9 minutes per game for his 15 substitute appearances, which sounds about right for a McInnes substitute. He did okay in his three years of loans to the Championship playing 77 league games and scoring 21 goals although in his final year of his contract he only scored 4 goals in 33 league games, which presumably contributed to him being released. He obviously has got himself sorted out after moving to Ayr on a new contract scoring 32 goals in 36 league games so far albeit the majority of those at League One level.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and from what I saw live (albeit limited minutes) and his record in his final season on loan it's tough to argue that it was wrong to release him

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Lawrence Shankland reminds me of Dennis Wyness.

We let him go because he wasn’t good enough,he scored for fun in the lower leagues,we tried to get him back and he turned us down for Hearts then ended up being sh1te for them anyway.

I’m sure there’s a way to blame McInnes for us not being able to get the best out of Dennis Wyness too,no doubt mason will think of something

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing and from what I saw live (albeit limited minutes) and his record in his final season on loan it's tough to argue that it was wrong to release him
    I agree, especially the part about his last seasons stats.
    Some want to take the opportunity to beat McInnes despite the facts.

To be fair to shankland he probably knew that no matter what he did he wouldn’t get a regular game for us as Derek just doesn’t give youngsters a fair go unless he loans them from England. In his entire time here McKenna has come through and that was a complete fluke if we had gotten turned over by Motherwell he wouldn’t have been seen and people on here would have said he was garbage at Ayr on loan.

What’s happened to these kids that he’s picked up from English acadamies ?

If you had a kid you’d be advising him agaisnt signing for us as he ain’t going to play

I would rather have given him a game over Zola, Goodwillie, Church(as he was a loan),Taylor, Stockley, Cosgrove...…………..gads, look at that list written down. That's horrible to look at.

Defend that striker signing strategy

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast