+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    If i'm a young player i'd rather work with Eddie Howe than Craig Brown/Derek McInnes.
    Yep because Eddie Howes name rang out with Britain’s yoof. You think Ryan Fraser & his friends used to fight over who was going to be Eddie Howe at the playground kickabout? Dreaming of a time where they could see him managing a club of the stature of Bournemouth in the 3rd division?
    Don’t talk pish

If i'm a young player i'd rather work with Eddie Howe than Craig Brown/Derek McInnes.
    Fair point.

There's not many places Aberdeen is a better city than, Bournemouth is one of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yep because Eddie Howes name rang out with Britain’s yoof. You think Ryan Fraser & his friends used to fight over who was going to be Eddie Howe at the playground kickabout? Dreaming of a time where they could see him managing a club of the stature of Bournemouth in the 3rd division?
    Don’t talk pish
    HAHAHA such a balloon of exaggeration.

I'm sure if he met Howe when he was thinking about moving and saw how he has set his teams up to play even in the 3rd tier it is like night and day to how Brown and McInnes play. It is well known that Howe always tried to play good football even in lower tiers, in fact he encountered pressure from the dinosaurs who said it wouldn't work at the lower levels.

Unless you are now saying that Brown and McInnes are making us play like Brazil of course

Much as I dislike them both, Fraser played regularly under Brown & McInnes consistently plays with wide players. Anyway, its no that wee rats job to pick the team or formation. He went to a club he never heard of, managed by a manager he’d never heard of, to a sh1t league he’d barely heard of for money, taking the pish out our club as he did it. I’ve no idea why folk feel the need to defend him or hope he plays well for them.

I love the English soccer ball , the players are all so cool like real superstars but kinda down to earth guys too ...Chelsea City is my favourite .

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I don’t think he had the premiership or Scotland call ups in mind when he signed for Bournemouth. That’s where old people go to die.
    1000% we all die, sadly irrelevant to most, regardless, I’m happy the young loon has been given the opportunity to enjoy his trade and make his future secure, hopefully Shanks kicks on also without worrying about phannies that know hee haw belittling their ambition on a fitba banter forum.

SF

Have you watched the play off final in the Championship? Sky push it to the absolute moon, the celebrations are enormous and players still speak about it from years ago. Heck even going a league down the likes of Dickov and Weaver are regarded as legends for Man City for getting them back up many years ago.

Tom Cairney, Bobby Zamora and Kevin Phillips are regarded as legends for the goals in the past 5-6 years in the play off finals.

I'm sorry your kids and nephews don't have great football knowledge.

They are money grabbing gits Cant disagree with that but Winning the Championship is more prestigious than winning the 3rd trophy in Scotland.
    Now I know you are at the wind-up.

Sky pushing a game that only they have the rights to = the greatest game in the galaxy in your mind - give me a break

Winning a league between teams ranked 21-44 in a country is better than winning a national trophy that all teams compete in - yeah right

Players that get a team relegated one season only to put that right are legends?? How many Aberdeen legends do you think there would be if we got relegated and then won the Championship?

Pick any primary school class anywhere in Aberdeen and ask the kids to name Championship teams and ask them how interested they are in who wins that league and I am pretty confident you will find that its not just my kids that don't have great football knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    1000% we all die, sadly irrelevant to most, regardless, I’m happy the young loon has been given the opportunity to enjoy his trade and make his future secure, hopefully Shanks kicks on also without worrying about phannies that know hee haw belittling their ambition on a fitba banter forum.

SF
    His ambition was to leave Aberdeen for a club in the English 3rd tier. The fact you agree with his ambition says way more about how you see Aberdeen than me. Perhaps that’s why you always refer to our team as ‘once michty’

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Now I know you are at the wind-up.

Sky pushing a game that only they have the rights to = the greatest game in the galaxy in your mind - give me a break

Winning a league between teams ranked 21-44 in a country is better than winning a national trophy that all teams compete in - yeah right

Players that get a team relegated one season only to put that right are legends?? How many Aberdeen legends do you think there would be if we got relegated and then won the Championship?

Pick any primary school class anywhere in Aberdeen and ask the kids to name Championship teams and ask them how interested they are in who wins that league and I am pretty confident you will find that its not just my kids that don't have great football knowledge
    Christ on a bike you are hard work.

Not in my mind, but in many people's due to the Sky hype machine. They do it with anything they have rights to and many do believe it.

By that logic then, if a team won the Luxembourg Cup it would be valued higher than Serie B, Ligue 2, Championship, Scottish Championship etc? Can't see that to be honest! I wish all cups were treated higher but sadly that isn't the case these days. Christ the Europa League was treated like crap by clubs until it offered a Champions League spot!

I'd honestly think if we did get relegated and a group of players got us back they would be highly regarded and thanked for getting us back! Maybe legends is a strong word, but there's no doubt the likes of Cairney last season is a Fulham hero now!

I'm not going round primary schools as that's rather creepy (although you seem quite knowledgeable in it..) - All I know is when I was younger, me and many mates knew teams outwith the top leagues here and abroad. I wasn't meaning 5 year olds anyway. I'm on about 13-17 year olds who if the likes of Villa, Middlesborough or Stoke came calling would regard them as much bigger prospects than Aberdeen i'm afraid.

I'm on about 13-17 year olds who if the likes of Villa, Middlesborough or Stoke came calling would regard them as much bigger prospects than Aberdeen i'm afraid.
    But not Bournemouth

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast