+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Third from bottom

It's a bit like having bought a shop fully stocked with good produce and the owner sells the produce and pockets most of the profit for his lavish lifestyle and gambling then the shop manager has to scrimp with lesser quality goods but try to sell them at top retail prices.

Then the shop manager is left with crumbs to restock with so he goes to the food bank and scavenges amongst the rubbish to try to fill his shop window.

What would Ghost do if he was in the shop managers position?

Probably thank his owner and tgen try to pull the wool over his customers eyes.

Something Rafa won't do.

Laughable and he lets himself down.

Its like giving a builder lego because bricks are too expensive then blaming him when the house falls down. "Not my fault guvnor"

DWUMMC

The obese slug will be over the moon with 18th.We are only one place away from his season target of 17th.

Ashley OUT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Who in your opinion would that manager be ?
    Still no answer from ghost as to who he thinks could manage the players better than Rafa.

Still no answer from ghost as to who he thinks could manage the players better than Rafa.
    Didn't he say De Boer at one point? Great track record in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Yet only 3 points from 12th place
    Still very early days, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Didn't he say De Boer at one point? Great track record in the PL.
    Ah! The reason for his silence.

Ah! The reason for his silence.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It's a bit like having bought a shop fully stocked with good produce and the owner sells the produce and pockets most of the profit for his lavish lifestyle and gambling then the shop manager has to scrimp with lesser quality goods but try to sell them at top retail prices.
    Does that really make sense?

Lesser quality goods but selling them at top prices?
    Like the lesser quality Mitrovic who was kept in the store room to collect dust until someone asked to borrow him because they realised it was just a collection of dust on him, so dusted him down and turned him into a polished piece of quality.

There's much more to it than meets the outside eye, in my opinion...but when someone is hated by accumulated mass, then there's little anyone can do to retrieve that situation. Even Ashley knows this.

Then the shop manager is left with crumbs to restock with so he goes to the food bank and scavenges amongst the rubbish to try to fill his shop window.
    And this is what Rafa appears to convey to the fans and public.
    He's using scraps and wants bigger portions.
    He's willing to put his players down by basically telling all and sundry how inept they are at playing football but are honest grafters...when he won't allow them to actually play football.
    The same scraps are by and large, internationals.
    Some of them are touted for England by a proportion of fans that believe we have those scraps.

I look at the squad and get frustrated about how they're set up, because I know there's much more in them than what is being allowed out.

What would Ghost do if he was in the shop managers position?
    I would make sure the produce I bought was fit for purpose.
    Any parts of produce that seem to be wilted would be put into the bargain basket.
    I'd try not to buy too much of one item if I clearly know it's not going to be used and just sits on the shelf until it goes sour, or rotten.

Rafa could take a leaf out of that book.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)