+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billy Jones

Billy Jones

If fit should be in front of Vyner every time imo but I won’t be surprised if it’s in his contract that we have to play him in so many games.

Jones is a lot better and that’s after one game 90+ mins
    Maybe we can put Vyner at CB , we will need one when Wood gets is next yellow

Jones certainly added something to the team yesterday and he should keep the shirt with that preformance.

I agree fully, Jones had a great performance yesterday. Looked much more assured than Vyner making some good challenges and played some great 40/50 yard balls down the line where Vyner often gives it away.

As you say millertop there's probably an agreement with Bristol City Vyner has to play so many games, but if not Jones should be first choice. I now have confidence Jones can do a good job for us. Would also not be too concerned if Mattock got injured as I reckon he'd be fine at LB (think he's played there quite a bit before).

All that being said I would say balls to bristol city and play Jones until Vyner fights and regains his place like everyone else.

We have to do the best for RUFC and if that's Vyner raising his game so be it if he can't then our team shouldn't suffer.

It could be that when Wood is out because of bookings as millertop says then he should raise his game to replace whoever has taken his place.

Vyner won't be available to play against Bristol City, the game is after the Stoke City game. That may have influenced Paul Warne playing him against Forest.
    Jones certainly has the experience which we need at the back and I wouldn't mind seeing him play midfield at some stage this season.